USP Nigeria – At USP everything we do is in service of our mission to help protect and improve the health of people around the world. From the standards we create to the partnerships we foster, we continually work to build and reinforce a foundation that draws us closer to a world where everyone can be confident of quality in health and healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Summary of the Position
- The Program Manager positon is contingent upon the award of the grant/donor funds and will manage a Quality Assurance project in Nigeria.
- S/he will be responsible for providing strategic management and technical leadership in this project to achieve program goals and ensure that activities are based and informed by country needs and priorities.
- The Program Manager will be physically located in the Nigeria field office.
- A Degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Public Health, or related field required but a Master’s degree in similar fields preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive experience in Quality Assurance space in low and middle income countries particularly in Africa region; an equivalent combination of experience and education may be substituted,
- Experience working with international non-governmental organizations, a regulatory agency and national diseases programs in low and middle income countries strongly preferred.
- Experience of working or managing donor funded project preferred
- Extensive understanding of how medicine regulatory systems function in low and middle income countries
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English language.
- Results driven with demonstrated successful outcomes
- Must possess ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally at least 25% of the time.
- Significant experience as a team player and coniniitment to bringing about change through a partnership approach
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides technical and management leadership to a donor funded project in Nigeria through the support of the Nigerian based technical team; ensures strategic, programmatic and contractual integrity of this project.
- Develops work plans, assigns budget in the work plans, and oversees the implementation of programmatic activities in order to meet the programmatic objectives of the project.
- Collaborates with the in-county teams and HQ staff to ensure the documentation of the program activities, highlighting technical and programmatic innovations, strengths, results and impact at local and international forums, technical briefs, in peer review journals etc.
- Works closely with technical team, country program team, and to identify opportunities for innovation, harmonize approaches, and maintain high quality standards in activity implementation.
- Provides critical input into the monitoring.and evaluations of assigned programs and requires strong communication and coordination with field staff, support departments within USP HQ.
Deadline:30th August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their expression of interest (with experience and earning) and Resumes to: USPNigeria@USP.org