Vacancy for Reproductive Health Manager at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reproductive Health Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Scope of Work
- The Reproductive Health (RH) Manager is the focal point for the IRC’s Emergency Reproductive Health services in Maiduguri. The RH Manager ensures that proposed RH interventions are guided by IRC and donor guidelines and are aligned with WPE activities within the Comprehensive Women’s Centers (CWC) located in Maiduguri.
- He/she reports to the Senior RH Manager and works closely with the RH, Health and WPE Managers in those program sites where he/she will be supporting the RH program teams and activities.
- Health professional (MD, RN, PA or CO) with strong public health background, MPH a plus;
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member;
- Fluency in English and Hausa;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to live in a high security environment;
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, Outlook and the internet.
- 3 years experience in coordinating, implementing and managing reproductive health programs in emergency contexts and/or refugee settings;
- Experience in providing technical support to reproductive health staff in a complex setting;
- Thorough understanding of gender-based violence response protocols and service provision;
- Ability to validate and interpret health data;
- Demonstrated ability to support and build staff capacity;
Under the supervision of the Senior RH Manager, the RH Manager is responsible for:
Program Support & Development:
- Ensuring that proposed emergency RH interventions are guided by guidelines and protocols, including the following services/activities: Family Planning, STIs prevention and treatment, Post Abortion Care, ANC/PNC, Facility deliveries, Emergency Obstetric Care (BEmONC) or referrals for CEmONC, and Clinical Care for Survivors of Sexual Assault (CCSAS);
- Ensure that all stated RH goals and objectives are met, that projects are monitored, and that reports are submitted in a timely manner;
- Work closely with the IRC’s WPE teams at the field level to insure coordinated and integrated activities within the CWCs.
- Provide technical oversight to field-based health staff of Maiduguri in the area of RH, with an emphasis on staff capacity building, supportive supervision and mentorship.
- Supervise the RH Community Mobilization strategy in Maiduguri.
- Work with the M&E team to ensure the smooth running of the M&E system: from data collection and facility level to weekly data compilation reports, databases and analysis of the data to inform decisions and report-writing.
- Assisting the Health Coordinator in proposal writing for RH funding opportunities;
- Continuously assessing RH needs and suggesting new projects to address identified unmet needs;
- Promoting a culture of learning whereby lessons-learned and good practices are documented and shared for institutional memory;
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
Grants Management & Reporting:
- Manage and oversee all the RH budget lines by means of workplans, spending and procurement plans to ensure that project deadlines are met and targets achieved;
- Participate in Budget monitoring meetings, Grants Opening, Mid-Term and Closing meetings;
- Prepare internal and external reports within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats, as required;
- Undertake RH capacity-development activities/training for RH and clinical health staff;
- Work closely with Health Managers to build their capacity to oversee RH activities.
- Coordination and Representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders – including community leaders, NGOs, UN agencies, community based organisations and other IRC sectors to enhance cooperation and coordination;
- Ensure that information from coordination meetings is shared internally and with other sectors, as appropriate;
- Represent the IRC in coordination mechanisms and meetings with other agencies, including the Ministry of Health, WHO, UNFPA and other UN agencies, non-governmental organizations, or donors.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Senior RH Manager
- Position directly supervises: Maiduguri RH Teams
- Indirect Reporting: N/A
- Other Internal contacts: Health Coordinator, other Program Coordinators and Program Managers, Senior Program Coordinator
- Other external contacts: Relevant other stakeholders e.g. UN bodies, local and national authorities
- Security level orange. The situation in Maiduguri, Borno remains unpredictable; there is active conflict in many parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states.
- Competitive Monthly salary
- 13th Month Salary Inclusive
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Deadline:28th August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter addressed to: “Human Resources Coordinator, International Rescue Committee” via: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org Subject of the application should read: “Reproductive Health Manager, Maiduguri”
- All applications should be submitted online.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated for Interview.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.