WASH Officer Job at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- The position is based in Damaturu, Yobe State and directly supervised by the Sector Manager.
- The WASH Officer is responsible for implementing the WASH project activities to fufill the overall objective of the project to reduce mortality through decreasing the incidence and prevalence of under nutrition in Yobe state.
- Degree in Engineering, Hydrology, Civil Engineering, and other related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in supervising drilling and construction activities.
- Previous experience in implementing CLTS and sanitation mobilization.
- Excellent Microsoft Office and designing software Skills ( Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Task and Responsibilities
- Organize and supervise the implementation of Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) at the local level.
- Conduct detailed needs assessment based on procedures and guidelines.
- Identification and training of communities volunteers and local artisans.
- Conduct community mobilization on CLTS related activities.
- Compile and submit reports on CLTS activities.
- Organize the team work and produce weekly/monthly activities report.
- Maintaining regular contact and develop relationship with various stakeholders.
Deadline: 20th August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Advert may close before due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.