Women for Women International (WfWI) – In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community, and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, WfWI has served more than 462,000 women in 8 conflict-affected countries, including Afghanistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Kosovo, Nigeria, Rwanda and South Sudan. Since 2002, we have worked with over 20,000 men worldwide to support women’s rights and gender equality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Skill Trainer
Location: Bauchi State
Employment Type: Contract
WfWI has been operating in Nigeria since 2000 and has served over 60,000 marginalized women in a 12-month training program that helps women know and defend their rights, influence decisions at home and in their communities, initiate activities that generate income and save money for the future. Women start small businesses and join to form village savings and loan groups as well as groups and cooperatives in income generating sectors. WfWI – Nigeria moved its headquarters to Jos, Plateau State in 2016 from Enugu state. Through our men’s engagement activities, WfWI influences knowledge, attitudes and behaviors towards women’s rights and participation. To date, the Nigerian team has reached over 7,000 men.
- Work closely with and assist the Economic Empowerment Officer and the Monitoring and Evaluation team to coordinate, plan and prepare training, assess and update training materials and tools and collect data from the participants.
- Plan, develop and deliver training on basic business skills to groups of Women for Women program participants.
- Assess the educational level and literacy of the women and deliver material that is appropriate and applicable to the vocational training that will follow.
- Collaborate with the Social Empowerment, Numeracy and Vocational Skills trainers to plan course material, schedule participants, synthesize material and maximize training results.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective results, meet deadlines and achieve targets
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent problem-solver and team player
- Ability to communicate and teach convincingly in Hausa language
- Proven commitment to diversity and equality culture
- Strong working knowledge of Hausa language
- Ability to collect and analyze information and write proper reports.
- Must be resident in Bauchi State.
- Minimum requirement of a Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences and any other related course
- Proven ability to work effectively with socially excluded women
- Strong multi-tasking, interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Good customer-service orientation, strong focus and goal oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities
Assisting the Economic Empowerment Officer:
- Assist with gathering feedback on courses and assessing training materials and tools.
- Assist with reviewing and modifying lesson plans to improve upon training curriculum as needed.
- Collaborate with Social Empowerment Trainers on scheduling to have all participants enter and complete business training at some point in their program cycle.
- Review current business skills training curriculum in accordance to the needs of women and prepare lesson plans.
- Assess training material needs, take stock/inventory and ensure training equipment and tools needed are readily available.
- Train women in business skills according to the standards and requirements’ set by the organization.
- Communicate with local leaders or other local partners involved in business activities throughout the communities.
- Meet with colleagues to share techniques, strategies, success stories, difficult cases, supplemental materials, etc.
- Contact participants who do not attend sessions if needed to determine whether they should be dismissed from the program.
- Recommend women for dismissal from the program according to organizational guidelines.
- Collate IPP data for all the participants allocated to you in all the communities
- Deliver training and maintain business skills training group schedule. – business basics training (two sessions); Entrepreneurship (one session); planning ahead (two sessions); Selling (two sessions); Bookkeeping (two sessions); Financing Your Business (two sessions) introductory cooperative fundamentals.
- Maintain daily attendance records of participants and provide these to supervisor.
- Gather data on participants as needed by the program and provide monthly reports to the Income Generation Officer.
- Record information about training sessions in trainer journal – including session topics, reactions to material, challenges and other relevant issues.
- Provide monthly reports on the information of the ongoing business skills trainings.
- Collect data for stories about participants as required.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s, Cover letter and 3 professional references to: email@example.com Please specify “Business Skill Trainer” in the subject line.
Application Deadline 6th October, 2018.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.