At Altara, our mission is simple: to improve the lives of Nigerians. To do this, Altara and its dedicated team seek to tackle a critical challenge in Africa – access to payment solutions that make product prices more digestible.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Buyer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo (Role may require some domestic travel)
- We are looking to hire a “Buyer”. This is a role where you will report directly to the Internal Operations Lead. In this capacity you will be responsible for the majority of the Vendor sourcing, purchasing functions, and carrying out internal audits to ensure smooth operations and process improvement.
- Must be extremely customer centric with strong attention to details.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication and persuasion skills.
- Team oriented, great at time management, multitasking skills.
- Strictly for Ibadan resident
- OND/HND/ Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- 2 years’ experience managing and operating retail outlets or any similar position.
- Ability to take initiative and high sense of urgency to handle priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to solve them.
- Commitment to process improvement.
- Monthly stock reconciliation report for each stores.
- Supporting the team with strategic planning and key decision making on operations.
- Creating a well-defined process map for activities related to customer purchases and delivery.
- Online Catalogue update.
- Building relationships with the key suppliers-(local suppliers).
- Getting several suppliers best prices so that we can get the widest margin.
- Collating of orders from each stores and liaising with Suppliers.
- Weekly submission of each stores inventory.
- Weekly submission of customers order.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an email to: email@example.com containing; In 5 bullet points, express how you would excel in the role with an example of a related project in your current position.
Note: This position is strictly for Ibadan resident, strictly only suitably qualified candidates should apply.