Chief Sales and Marketing Officer Vacancy at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is an organisation made up of several corporate entities, focused on supporting local and international Investment through local content strategic initiatives.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Sales and Marketing Officer
- The Chief Sales & Marketing Officer (CSM) heads the entire business function of the company’s Leadership Academy.
- The Chief Sales & Marketing Officer (CSM) drives, creatively designs, and implements effective training interventions for the Leadership Institute. The aspects of the Leadership Institute business that the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer will drive will include, but not restricted to:
- The Entrepreneurship Mentorship (for coaching and supporting experienced leaders, this is a support system that will be run from the academy)
- Part time program classes for middle management executives
- Evening and Weekend program classes for self-employed and employees who are sponsoring themselves
- Youth Boot Camp
- Entrepreneurship Retreat
- Annual Nigeria Leadership Summit
- Entrepreneurship Clinic (for coaching and supporting SME leaders, also run from the academy)
- The Entrepreneurship Library (he/she must understand how to curate and archive materials and works of various leaders) The Academy will set up a comprehensive business and entrepreneurship library in Nigeria.
- Full program classes for leaders in Government, business and NGO,
- Annual Empower Nigeria intervention
- The CEO’s bureau
- Leadership Boot Camp in association with the Nigerian Stock Exchange
In conjunction with the Managing Director, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer will play a role in the strategic vision and direction for the Academy. Chief Sales and Marketing Officer oversees the activities of the designated departments and identifies the businesses developmental needs ensuring that there is consistency with core competencies and goals.
- This is the main responsibility of this role. He/she must be able to identify industries, corporate clients and other strategic customers and propose solutions to their human capacity development needs, or provide a strategic support structure for a sustainable business partnership in which the corporate partner will benefit from the relationship with the company.
- He/ she must be able to work closely with and operate at the highest levels of State and Federal Governments.
- He/she must be able to prepare a technical proposal for training at the standards of the World Bank, IFC, international oil companies and international donor agencies. The must be able to drive paid speaking engagement for the Managing Director.
- Chief Sales and Marketing Officer participates in the conduct of research, makes recommendations for appropriate learning management systems and databases.
- He is part of the team that develops, implements, monitors and maintains both initial and ongoing training programs across the business.
- The candidate for this position must have had at least 10 years in working experience in a business development capacity, preferably at a senior position.
- Create business development strategies; identify roadblocks and drive new business from conception through closure.
- A suitable candidate will also have a proven ability to foster mentoring relationships and to drive continuous results of lower department managerial personnel.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to interface with ‘C’ executives in blue chip corporates and in government.
- Research, locate, define and target key business prospects.
- Work with customers to provide feedback to development teams for new content and products.
- Establish and nurture relationships that fill business pipeline with prospective partners and customers.
- Negotiate new partnerships and business alliances; work closely with legal experts to write contracts for new business partners.
- Communication skills are a must have for this position, both in written and in verbal form. As a departmental leader, the clarity of the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer’s messages and instruction down the line will determine the performance and efficiency of junior personnel.
- The candidate for this position must possess strong analytical skills as well as a demonstrated passion for research, data analysis, and the insights that are derived from it.
- The candidate for this position must have an ability to prioritize tasks completing multiple tasks in a timely manner, be flexible and welcoming to change, have an ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision, and be self-motivated.
Deadline: 18th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s to: email@example.com with the title of the role as the subject of the mail.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- If after 2 weeks of application you do not hear from us, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.