Finance Officer Job at Terre des hommes Foundation
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of children in need.
We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world. Tdh in Nigeria will implement projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The main purpose of the position is to carry out efficient financial management of the projects and Tdh structure in Nigeria, minimizing financial and operational risks and ensuring compliance in terms of Tdh procedures and Donors guidelines.
- Language Skills: Fluent in Englsh Hausa and Kanuri (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University degree in Finance, Accounting, and Business Administration
- Work experience: Minimum 2 years experience in a similar position in a large nonprofit or corporate multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills
- Computer skills: Strong knowledge of the MS office suit, Outlook. Excellent in Excel
- Other: Excellent in SAGA
- Extensive working knowledge of Nigerian’s employment laws and Nigerian tax issues
- Demonstrated understanding of Finance technical areas: with NGO’ rules, procedures and regulations
- Required: Proactive, autonomy, rigorous, organized, planning, analytical, clear communication, work under pressure, ability to facilitate change, persuade and negotiate to reach acceptable compromise/solutions among all levels in the organization
- Desirable: willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Administration & Finance:
- Is in charge of Tdh Bank management (Bank accounts management, checks and transfers management, payments, bank reconciliation, internal transfers, etc…).
- Works in collaboration with the admin coordinator to ensure the expenses are done in accordance with the forecasts and the budget
- Prepare PWAR before admin payment and have them signed by the people in charge before any payment.
- Assure that all PWAR are prepared and signed before any payment.
- Is in charge of Tdh Cash management (Petty cash management, cash advances, payments, regular cash counts, etc…).
- Is in charge of Tdh transactions codification in accounting books according to internal procedures;
- Check invoices verify all supporting document and complete codification on a daily basis.
- Organize and file all accounting documents.
- Check Partner list of invoices verify all supporting documents, complete codification.
- Organize and file all supporting documents.
- Work in close collaboration with the Partner Admin team by collecting, verifying, analyzing their data and if needed provide appropriate advices and trainings.
- Adhere to and enforce Tdh administrative regulations and procedures.
- Guarantee that project donor’s procedures are respected.
- Ensure Partner’s good practices and transparency.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit copies of their updated CV, Letter of Motivation and National ID card and reference contacts to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position must be clearly indicated on the application.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be conducted.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.