Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Guest Services Associate I
Job Number 18002KU7
Job Category: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
- Operate telephone switchboard station.
- Count and secure bank at beginning and end of shift.
- Cash guests’ checks, process all payment types, vouchers, paid-outs, charges, and provide change.
- Notify Security of any reports of theft.
- Process all guest check-ins, check-outs, room assignments, and room change/late check-out requests. Secure payment; activate/reissue room keys.
- Run and check daily reports, contingency lists, and credit card authorization reports.
- Supply guests with directions and information.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns; follow up to ensure each has been met to guests’ satisfaction.
- Arrange transportation for guests/visitors.
- Ensure rates match market codes, document exceptions.
- Verify/adjust billing for guests. Communicate to appropriate staff when guests are waiting for an available room.
- Advise guest of messages. Clear departures in computer system. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track room status and guest concerns.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Speak using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of employees.
- Comply with quality assurance standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Follow company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply