Job for Account Director At Sponge Limited
Sponge Limited is a leading mobile-first, full service Digital Marketing agency that delivers outstanding Mobile and Digital campaigns for some of the biggest brands across Africa.
Account Directors should have a very clear understanding of our vision for the competence, and a vision for an account or group of accounts, and know how to implement it. They need to be thought leaders within and outside the organisation. In order to be a thought leader they need to exhibit “credible” expertise and knowledge of a field and/or industry.
Job Title:Account Director
Account Director ensures the smooth production of campaigns – from briefing internal stakeholders on new pitches or proposals to managing budgets by ensuring they meet
the target margin, and possibly managing a team of executives.The role requires a combination of strategic thinking, agency leadership and relationship building. You will be the client lead on an account (or group of accounts) and aim to strengthen and grow your client relationships. You will be responsible for devising a successful digital strategy for your clients’
business, growing the accounts, account profitability and providing clear business requirements to the rest of the team.
Will work closely with Planning and the wider media team to deliver successful strategies and campaign performance.
The Account Director also coordinates the resources needed to service projects, builds strategic operational plans and balances the expectations of clients with the execution of work. Often they will be expected to ensure that campaigns are well planned, and successfully develop business accounts creatively and financially, while playing a positive role in your agency’s new business programme.
- Taking a lead in clients’ marketing and advertising strategies
- Leading a team to provide the utmost level of client service
- Liaising with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis
- the expansion of business with existing clients
- Working with other senior managers to generate new accounts and new business.
- Ensuring the completion of projects to a specific schedule and within an agreed budget.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- BA/BS in Business, Advertising, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent experience, is required.
- Capable of holistically approaching the digital marketplace, placing a keen eye towards the interplay between all marketing channels (online & offline).
- Proven experience of managing campaigns across EMEA and/or North America, with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in running campaigns across various channels of Digital Marketing: display (mandatory), paid search, paid social, and affiliates.
- Experience in running campaigns with a Direct Response focus
- A solid understanding of programmatic
- Proven leadership and a talent for people management, as well as excellent communication skills
- Excellent management skills; including project management, communication and team building
- Presentation skills: you must be able to shape, build and deliver presentations that are specific, concise, and engaging
- Proven new business development abilities
How to Apply