Job for Evaluator General In A Reputable Financial Institution
KPMG – Our client is a financial institution that delivers financial and technical support for transformative projects in Africa.
In its bid to see the company move to higher heights, our client seeks to recruit an experienced best in-class talent for the role of:
Job Title: Evaluator General
Ref #: uvla234
The Hiring Unit
- The Bank’s Independent Development Evaluation Department (BDEV) mission is to help the African Development Bank to foster sustainable growth and poverty reduction in Africa through independent and influential evaluations.
- Such evaluations assess the Bank Group’s policies, procedures and operations, review performance, and report on results in order to draw useful lessons and promote accountability. BDEV ensures effective communication of evaluation results to the Bank’s stakeholders. It reports to the Board of Directors through its Committee on Development Effectiveness (CODE).
By reporting to the Board of Directors of the AfDB through CODE, the Evaluator General will:
- Monitor, compare, and exchange evaluation results and methods, particularly in the context of the Evaluation Network and Evaluation Cooperation Group of Multilateral Development Banks;
- Monitor and follow the implementation of evaluation recommendations based on management’s own reports through the Management Action Registration system (MARS) and report accordingly to the Board of Directors;
- Review and provide recommendations to CODE regarding the Bank’s Independent Evaluation Policy and Independent Evaluation Strategy, including suggestions for adjustment;
- Ensure sound management of BDEV’s human and financial resources;
- Monitor the implementation of the BDEV work program, including adherence to key performance indicators and timely production of evaluation reports.
- Provide overall direction and leadership in the management of BDEV;
- Determine BDEV work objectives through the triennial work program;
- Provide intellectual leadership and technical expertise in the conduct of evaluations of Bank operations, policies, and strategies, working across projects, sectors, themes, regions and countries;
- Provide leadership to ensure that evaluations are carried out effectively and in accordance with highest international quality standards;
- Ensure appropriate coverage and balance between different types of evaluations, including summative and formative evaluations;
- Promote an evaluation culture and disseminate results achieved and lessons learned across the institution and beyond;
- The role of the Evaluator General is to lead BDEV, whose objectives are to provide a basis for accountability, to contribute to enhanced learning, and to promote an evaluation culture.
- By conducting independent evaluations and sharing good practices, the Evaluator General ensures that the Bank and its shareholders learn from past experiences and plan and deliver development activities to the highest possible standards.
- Profound understanding of and ability to navigate the development and evaluation sectors both internationally and on the African continent;
- Good understanding and/or experience of both public and private sector investments;
- Track record of strong management and leadership skills;
- Sensitivity to the multicultural organizational environment;
- Ability to be an independent thinker, with good integrity and professional ethics recognized by peers;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English or French (written and spoken), with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Development Studies, International Relations, Business Administration or a related field;
- A minimum of twenty (20) years of professional experience, including relevant experience in international development, including at least 10 at a managerial level and with a progressive increase of responsibilities;
- Strong expertise in evaluation principles, standards, processes, and methodologies, including demonstrated understanding of state-of-the-art evaluation theories and practices;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply