Job for Medical Adviser at the German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA)
German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA) is an international, humanitarian, non-sectarian, non-governmental organization and a member of the International Federation of Anti Leprosy Associations. GLRA supports the Federal Government of Nigeria in Tuberculosis, Leprosy and Buruli Ulcer Control in Southern States of the Federation.
We are recruiting a suitably qualified and experienced person, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Adviser
Qualification & Experience
- University Degree in Medicine
- Postgraduate Degree In Public Health or equivalent
- 5 years of practical experience in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating disease prevention and control activities
- Excellent knowledge of the strategies for prevention and control of Leprosy, TB, NTDs or communicable diseases
- Proven competence in modern training skills and/or ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship
- Good knowledge of strategies for prevention, treatment and care of HIV/AIDS
- Good knowledge and ability to use computer software for word processing, spreadsheets and basic epidemiological I statistical analysis
- Demonstrated abilities for teamwork.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to State Teams in medical and managerial aspects of Leprosy, Tuberculosis (TB) and Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD5) control in accordance with National guidelines
- Participate in preparation of annual plan of action and budget of Leprosy, TB and NTDs Control Programme
- Participate in formulation of policies, regulation and technical guidelines related to Leprosy, TB and NTDs Control
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of the Leprosy, TB and NTDs activities/Programme
- Participate in operational research, related to Leprosy, TB and NTDs Control
- Participate in organization of training at the central level and support training carried out at sub- national level
- Participate in preparation of quarterly, bi-annual and annual progress reports
- Participate in proposal writing in response to external calls for expression of interest
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by the Medical Coordinator or the Country Representative.
Additional Desirable Experience:
- Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral organisations in the country.
- The post requires extensive traveling for field-work
- Female candidates and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 21st September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and test.