Job for Procurement Specialist at Aggreko Nigeria
We work with passion, dedication and teamwork, building new opportunities through relentless commitment to superb customer service and first-rate product quality and reliability.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Reports To: Regional Procurement manager (region)
Business Unit/Division: Group/ region
Purpose of the Job
- Procurement Specialist will provide leadership for developing category strategy/plans and executing strategic sourcing and other strategic procurement processes such as supplier management, demand and compliance management for the region.
- The role will need to collaborate with key stakeholders on the development and/or implementation of annual category strategies and plans in order to achieve category goals and objectives.
- The role will be ultimately accountable for driving improved and sustainable category value.
- Undertake a review of expenditure and consumption analysis; specifically the spend for the region (eg. Fuel, Lubricants, Maintenance, Repair & Operation) to identify opportunities for cost savings from supplier rationalization, pricing, cost and process control.
- Monitor and report on savings achieved, ensure savings can be recorded, monitored and tracked through the introduction of a formal benefit tracking system.
- Ensure full contractual and legal compliance ensuring suppliers perform in line with contract.
- Communication of progress and outcomes of category strategies and sourcing initiatives to Procurement & Operation Leadership teams.
- Ensure Deployment of Supplier Relationship Management program across assigned category.
- Displays a commitment to Orange Excellence (Continuous Improvement) initiatives.
- Aggreko places a strong emphasis on health, operational safety and environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Aggreko Health, Safety & Environmental policies, operating procedures and compliance to local legislation.
- Displays a commitment to Operational excellence activities & Always Orange Initiavities.
- Aggreko places a strong emphasis on Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Aggreko Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and local legislation, and ensure completion and validity of all minimum QHSE training and objectives required by the company.
- Work closely with Global category leads on the development of category strategies and plans to achieve maximum lifecycle value from assigned spend categories
- Regular contact with Global category leads to execute sourcing and related activities.
- Execute Aggreko’s procurement strategy through governing the driving or implementation category strategies for cost reduction and value enhancement that result in tangible benefits to the bottom line Lead and deliver sustainable savings and cost reduction initiatives with key suppliers.
- Carry out a structured supplier rationalization and consolidation program when appropriate.
- Establish clear supplier performance measures (KPIs & SLA’s) against which suppliers are monitored within a culture of continuous improvement. Make recommendations for changes in line with Global agreements.
- Manage, guide and monitor the execution of strategic and operational sourcing processes, and approve commitment, based on authority delegated.
- Demonstrable experience in a professional procurement role, preferably within a multi-national organisation with 3-5 years’ experience in a category specialist / senior buyer role.
- High level of mobility and experience in Regional project work
- Expert knowledge of procurement processes and tools
- Fluent English Language skills required, speaking other language(s) would be a plus
- The ability to influence without authority across all levels of the business.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships with customers whilst understanding their requirements, expectations and needs
- Proven strategic category management experience within assigned category.
- Comprehensive experience in category profiling & sourcing strategy development
- Understanding of Financial analysis, Price and cost modelling
- Ability to influence and drive objectives throughout the organisation as well as externally
- Highly developed analytical and communication skills, combined with a structured work style and a pragmatic hands-on approach
- Highly analytical and competent in MS – Excel skillset.
- Strong commercial acumen with negotiation experience and excellent communication skills.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to influence stakeholders internally and externally at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate project management, planning and organization skills.
Key Role Interactions:
- Regional procurement managers, regional P2P analysts, Head of categories, Area Operations Managers, Operations department, Logistics, IT & Finance department.
Always Orange – Aggreko Values & Behaviors
Be Dynamic (Using our entrepreneurial passion to deliver & making great things happen):
- Act like Owners
- Stay Nimble
- Love what we do
Be Expert (Using our blend of experience, expertise & planning to keep us ahead of the game):
- Love the Discipline
- Use our expertise
- Excel under pressure
Be Together (Asking the best of each other, harnessing our skills and diverse skills to grow stronger together):
- Play for Team Aggreko
- Demand Accountablity
- Value Difference.
Be Innovative (Learning from the world for a better today & great leaps tomorrow):
- Look Up and Out
- Learn and Adapt
- Create our Future.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online