Job for Producer Radio at Equal Access International (EAI), 21st September, 2018
Equal Access International (EAI), a non-governmental organization headquartered in San Francisco, USA, empowers under-served communities in the developing world with critically needed information, education and leadership training. With funding from bi-laterals, multi-laterals, foundations, corporate and individual donors we implement innovative media and community outreach programs that inspire positive social change on issues such as women’s empowerment, human rights, global health issues, youth life skills & livelihoods, and civic participation & governance. EAI operates in Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, and has over 175 staff worldwide and a twelve-year track record implementing media and social change projects in challenging locations.
Job Title: Producer Radio
Job Type: Full-Time
- The Radio Producer, will be mainly responsible for overseeing the implementation of a grant, presently called, the Strengthening Media Support for Community Accountability project (SMS CAM). However, in a dynamic and small NGO it is expected that from time-to-time, the post holder will support other activities of Equal Access International, as directed by the line-manager.
- This position reports directly to the Executive Producer & Program Manager
- Participation in weekly production meetings to review programmes delivered and provide input into the planning of future programmes.
- Providing feedback to researcher/reporters and making suggestions to content.
- Directing and producing the programme according to the production schedule.
- Support and work with Anti-Corruption Program Officer
- Provide inputs for weekly, monthly and quarterly report
- Support feed research M&E of anti-corruption activities.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge and Experience:
- Education (recognized technical certifications, OND, HND, B.Sc.) in Media and Communication or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in structured media organization
- Excellent oral and written Hausa and English skills
- Knowledge of operation guidelines for INGO
- Knowledge of corruption and anti-corruption issues in Northern Nigeria
- Creativity and strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access) and MIS system
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication and social skills
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required
Essential Job Functions:
Duties will include but not limited to:
- generating and researching ideas for programmes and pitching for commissions
- developing content, writing material for scripts, bulletins and links
- sourcing potential contributors and interviewees
- selecting music appropriate to the programme, the audience and the station
- producing pre-production briefings for presenters, reporters, technical staff and other contributors
- managing the logistics of getting people, resources and equipment together at the right place at the right time
- undertaking editing, interviewing and reporting duties as necessary
- presenting programmes or managing presenters for both pre-recorded and recorded output
- checking that copyrights are cleared and understanding media law
- converting text, graphics, video and audio files into other formats
- contributing to, and making use of, an archive of audio resources which can be re-used
- responding to audience feedback, referring on to other departments as necessary
- producing and making use of user-generated content
- using technology, such as Cool Edit Pro, Pro Tools and Adobe Audition, for editing and production purposes
- ensuring that health and safety standards and trade union requirements are met.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and Cover Letter indicating their reasons for interest in the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Producer – Radio” in the subject line of the email.