Job for Programme Manager at Making of Champions Limited
Making of Champions Limited is a Sports Media & Management Company that was set up to elevate the profile and performance of Sports in Nigeria and the rest of Africa, and is dedicated to maximising the potential that sports has to bring the country, and the continent on a whole, together.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Manager
- MoC is looking to add a Programme Manager to join the team in Lagos, to help drive the growth of MoC’s Student-Athlete Scholarship, from 5 Athletes on full Scholarships from Corporate Sponsors in Nigeria, to 20 Athletes in 2019 and 40 Athletes in 2020. MoC’s Scholarship, the first of its kind in Nigeria, provides Athletes with the opportunity to optimally combine Secondary and University Education with pursuing a professional Athletics as a member of MoC, by sponsoring the tuition, training, competitions, healthcare and living costs of the most promising Athletes discovered across Nigeria.
- The role requires a pro-active, energetic candidate with prior work experience in a client-facing environment an advantage. Building and maintaining relationships with the key stakeholders (sponsors, universities, sports authorities and Athletes’ families) will be critical. We’re looking for a highly driven person to contribute to the success & growth of Athletics in Nigeria, on a 1 or 2-year placement, or full-time, to forge an exciting career in Sports Management!
- The Programme Manager will be responsible for building up the structure of the Student-Athlete Scholarship to ensure that the programme is equipped for the rapid increase in Scholarship recipients anticipated and required over the next 2 years, through to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. They will lead all phases of the Student-Athlete Scholarship pipeline, starting from recruitment of the highest potential Athletes to MoC Track Clubs across Nigeria (primarily in Lagos, but also in Ibadan, Enugu & Port-Harcourt as may be required).
- Athlete Recruitment:
- Oversee the recruitment to MoC Track Club in Lagos, by developing and implementing a plan & strategies to discover and recruit the best Secondary School Athletes in Lagos State, thus building MoC’s pipeline of potential Scholarship recipients at our Lagos Track Club
- Assist with adapting effective Athlete Recruitment strategies and Track Club operational best practices in Lagos for success in other locations that MoC Track Clubs & Coaches are located – Ibadan, Enugu & Port-Harcourt
- Academic Quality Control:
- Monitor and assess the quality of education provided to MoC Athletes by Concept Tutors, MoC’s provider of University entry exam (WAEC/JAMB) preparatory classes in Lagos
- Develop a 1-2 year plan for the eventual launch of the MoC Athletics Academy, to cater in-house to the educational needs of MoC Athletes seeking University admission, instead of outsourcing to Concept Tutors (apart from those enrolled at partner Secondary School, Princeton College)
- Programme & Athlete Promotion:
- Monitor and document both the Athletic and Academic progress of all MoC Athletes across Nigeria (liaising with the Athlete Performance Managers and their Coaches where necessary), and promote the programme with frequent Track Club & Scholarship updates to the public (via MoC website & social media pages)
- Oversee the brand building and promotion of each individual MoC Athlete, liaising with the Sponsorship team, to ensure that each MoC Athlete is best placed to receive a Scholarship and is matched to the most appropriate sponsors as and when they are secured
- Key Stakeholder Management:
- Current Scholarship Sponsors: Send monthly updates to the sponsors of MoC Athletes already on the Student-Athlete Scholarship, and the sponsors for future Scholarship recipients, building relationships & maintain frequent communication to ensure long-term Sponsor retention
- Universities: Develop significant working relationships leading to formal partnerships with key tertiary education institutions attended and targeted by MoC Athletes, to improve their recognition and support for students pursuing elite sports in Nigeria. Target institutions primarily in Lagos – University of Lagos and Yaba College of Technology – with MoC Athletes also enrolled at University of Ibadan & University of Port-Harcourt
- Sports Authorities: Develop key working relationships with all relevant sports authorities for Athletics in Nigeria, also leading to formal partnerships, to improve their recognition and support for MoC Athletes representing the nation or their respective States while attending University or Secondary School in Nigeria. These include the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN), Nigerian University Games Association (NUGA), Ministry of Sports and various State Sports Commissions
- Athletes’ families: Starting from point of initial recruitment, build good relationships with parents of MoC Athletes to ensure their understanding and support of the Scholarship programme for their children.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Student-Athlete Scholarship updates to CEO. Any other duties as assigned.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online