Job Vacancy for Driver at ABT Associates, 9th September, 2018
Abt Associates – The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance – as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver – SHOPS Plus
Req Id: 57801
Project Summary/Job Description
- SHOPS Plus will work in the states of Lagos and Kano. These two large states have high TB burdens as well as a high level of private sector activity.
- The Driver will be responsible for operating a passenger motor vehicle in compliance with national rules and regulations on road usage and in accordance with State Coordinator’s instructions to transport project personnel and official visitors within the city and surrounding area and travel to other cities as needed.
- We seeks a Driver to support a Tuberculosis project under SHOPS Plus in Kano State. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health.
- The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas.
- In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will increase the availability of and access to TB services in the private sector by establishing a network of private providers from different cadres (clinicians, PPMVs, community pharmacists (CPs) and labs) to detect, diagnose, and successfully follow up and/or treat TB.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- At least a Senior Secondary School certificate
- A valid driver’s license
- One year of commercial driving experience
- Ability to communicate in English is required
- Must provide good reference of good conduct and behavior from previous employer
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain vehicle in clean and serviceable condition and performs minor maintenance of a preventative nature
- Ensure appropriate materials such as firstaid box and other accessories and available in vehicle and well maintained
- Complete trip tickets or other daily vehicle records
- May be assigned to drive the head of the project or VIP visitors for a portion of the time
- May deliver documents and conduct general business on behalf of the company including basic negotiation skills
- Support the project office by performing general service tasks, repairs, deliveries, etc.
- Any other task as may be required.
- High school (desirable), valid driver’s license, plus 6 months commercial driving experience.
Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.