Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states – Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna – focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Field Volunteer
- This role domiciled in the NJR4 and IHA Projects provides direct services to beneficiaries on the field in Project’s Communities implementing nutrition interventions (Community Management of Malnutrition [CMAM] and Infant, MUAC screening and referral and Infant and Young Child Feeding [IYCF]) as agreed with the donor.
- The Nutrition Field Volunteer will also work with the Local Partners (EYN Nutrition Officers and Field Assistants) in ensuring quality delivery of nutrition interventions in the Project locations.
Qualifications Experience and Skills
- Minimum of ND, NCE in Nutrition, Health, Public Health, Social Science or any related fields.
- Acceptable IT Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working in Nutrition programme.
- Familiarity with the local culture of typical communities.
- Fluent communication skills (verbal and written) in English
- Should be able to converse in Hausa and Kanuri/Shuwa languages
Key Deliverables Include:
- Conduct quality nutrition (MUAC) screening for children under-5 in target Communities.
- Conduct quality food demonstration sessions are in Project supported Communities.
- Carry out IYCF sensitization at various vendors’ outlet during food distribution as may be assigned.
- Build capacity of Mother and father Leaders by providing on-the-job training IYCF-E.
- Participate in nutrition assessment/surveys as approved by Donor.
- Collect quality data collection of activities conducted in the Communities.
- Promote increasing awareness of appropriate nutrition behaviours in project communities by ensuring behaviour change materials are visible in supported communities and health facilities.
- On a daily basis, refer identified SAM cases in target communities
- Carry out weekly follow up visits on nutrition beneficiaries.
- Support OTP Services in target communities together with the health team.
- Conduct as well as supervise to ensure quality IYCF counselling sessions provided during Support group meeting.
- Support the development of case studies and success stories from programme implementation.
Deadline: 30th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received and also Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date if considered necessary. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not use a third party for employment and also does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization