Job Vacancy for Regional HR Manager, West Africa at the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
CHAI’s employees currently work in over 30 countries around the world and are supported by both country and global human resources (HR) partners. CHAI’s Global HR team follows a regional model, with many team members sitting in program country offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional HR Manager, West Africa
Type: Full Time
- As a part of the Global HR team, the Regional HR Manager, West Africa will serve as a strategic business partner to the Country Directors, Deputy Country Directors, Operations Directors and Country HR representatives throughout the West Africa region.
- This person will be required to build and manage relationships across a matrixed organization as well as with various external stakeholders.
- This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria and requires local, regional and international travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent plus 6 years work experience; or Advanced Degree or equivalent plus 4 years work experience;
- Progressive human resources experience with a strong background in employment and selection, training, career development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and employment law;
- Experience in an NGO setting, preferably in an international development organization;
- Ability to lead complex projects and initiatives that require multi-level stakeholder engagement;
- Ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with a diverse group of employees, leaders and external stakeholders, both remotely and in-person;
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and presentation;
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Familiarity with labor laws in the West Africa region and their application to international and national employees;
- Ability to exercise sound and timely judgment and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Experience with conflict resolution, including conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations;
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while accomplishing departmental and organizational goals;
- Prior experience working in West Africa;
- Fluency in English and French language (spoken and written) required.
In partnership with Country Directors, Deputy Country Directors, Senior Program staff, Global HR team, and country HR representatives, the Regional Human Resources Manager, West Africa will:
- Develop HR strategies and programs to support CHAI’s mission, vision and values;
- Provide counsel on procedure and policy interpretation, compensation and benefits, recruiting and retention strategies, employee relations issues, and local labor laws;
- Design, plan, and implement HR systems, policies, procedures and best practices to strengthen country and global HR functions;
- Develop work plans to address succession planning and country team restructuring;
- Develop strategies to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention;
- Develop tools and standards towards strengthening HR and leadership capacity and continuity;
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Develop, lead and facilitate training sessions based on learning gaps and career development;
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues;
- Provide support to program and country management around performance feedback, coaching, counseling, career development, and identifying and executing appropriate actions up to and including terminations;
- Build strong relationships with country and program leadership;
- Collaborate with other members of the Global HR team on various projects and initiatives;
- Ad hoc administrative tasks and assignments in support of overall global and regional HR management;
- This position requires up to 25% international travel, occasionally on short notice and primarily in the West Africa region.
Deadline: 30th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online