Development Alternatives, Inc (DAI) is an international global consulting firm headquartered in the USA with offices in the UK and Nigeria. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management and Communication Specialist
- DAI Nigeria is currently recruiting for the role of Knowledge Management (KM) and Communication Specialist.
- The Specialist will be responsible for capturing and distilling data and evidence from DAI’s programme portfolio in Nigeria and for developing and sharing findings for improved programme design and implementation.
- The Specialist will also help to tell DAI’s story in Nigeria. The position will entail interfacing regularly with DAI staff in Nigeria, US and UK.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- The Knowledge Management and Communication Specialist will be responsible for knowledge management, general communications, and learning functions for DAI’s Operating Platform.
- The Specialist will bridge the relevant work done by projects and by DAI offices in the US and UK, and working closely with colleagues, will define KM agendas and topics, as well as harness and package this knowledge for dissemination through different means to DAI staff, clients, and peer organizations.
- Identify creative and effective ways to generate and share knowledge with a view to leveraging good practices and improving programs.
- Organize knowledge management and learning events.
- Assure cohesion across knowledge and learning activities in-country.
- Adhere to company standards for quality assurance for communication products
- Undertake duties as specified by the Country Director and other assigned authorities
- Define and produce diverse knowledge products, including evidence- based articles, resource guides, leaflets, and newsletters.
- Develop content and strategies for website(s).
- Applicants should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years working experience; or Masters’/professional degree with a minimum of 5 years working experience in: International development, research & analysis, communications, M&E, and/or knowledge management.
- In addition, s/he should demonstrate competencies in communicating to a wide range of stakeholders and audiences as well as excellent report writing, facilitation and inter-personal skills.
- The ideal candidate should display proven capacity to carry-out research, analysis, strategic planning, and work planning as well as an interest and experience in international development. Knowledge of infographic software is a plus.
Terms and Conditions for Employment
- This position is based in Abuja with frequent travels to program offices in Nigeria. DAI offers very competitive salary packages; however, local terms
- and conditions apply.
Deadline: 28th September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the name of the position and the location as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.