Latest Vacancies at Bolton White Hotels and Apartments, 10th September, 2018
Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is a leading firm in the hospitality industry. We are dedicated to ensuring the comfort of our guests. Our luxury accommodation in the heart of Garki and Wuse zone 7 in Abuja offers unparalleled guest services. Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is superbly placed to cater for guest service requirements; ensuring guest stay is both pleasant & unforgettable, we combine the experience of our team which represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success. We are committed to making our place a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers. If you share our passion for delivering unequal hospitality service where details matter, apply today to join our team.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: F&B Supervisor
Report To: F&B Manager
- Assist in the organization, management and administration of all operational aspects for the Food and Beverage Outlets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in scheduling reservations and parties or special events in Hotel or Apartment, Off the Record, and the Private dining room. Ensure that all aspects are communicated to the culinary team and to all other managers in the F&B department to ensure all details are correctly maintained.
- Manage the Open Table system with the host staff, ensuring accuracy of all guest reservations and shift reservations. Assist Host staff with greeting and seating guests during peak times of operation.
- Organize all documentation for shift work on a daily basis including pre-shift reports, daily training topics, shift floor plan, requisitions for beverage, food and sundries and manage labour on a daily basis.
- Ensure all staff are meeting all established standards of service. Monitor and test service skills of staff, retrain and reinforce all standards on food and quality and service details daily. Provide feedback and appraisals as necessary.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of dining rooms and work areas; communicate issues of safety, cleanliness or malfunctions to appropriate departments; manage maintenance/safety issues to completion.
- Plan and conduct meetings for outlets to ensure staff is correctly communicated with and that staff are consistently trained and well motivated. Attend interdepartmental meetings to ensure good cross communication between departments.
- Assist in the development of marketing initiatives, menu items, and other items to stimulate growth in sales for each outlet and a variety of latest market developments.
- Be aware of and assist to control current budgeted and forecasted revenues, payroll, and product costs.
- Ensure all current Accounting and Human Resources policies are being adhered to. Report any issues or grievances to the Director of Restaurants and or Human Resources.
- Assist in maintaining all Micros programming for food and beverage outlets.
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill Food and Beverage Supervisor.
- Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management/Restaurant Management preferred or equivalent experience; Two to Three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of food service operations and a variety of styles of services. License/Certification: obtain any/all locally required licenses/certifications that relate to the job being performed such as food safety certifications will be added advantage.
Job Title: Continental Chef
Report To: Executive Chef
- To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
- To be responsible for the preparation and presentation of all dishes in your allocated area, ensuring that all guests receive efficient service and high quality dishes.
- To gain experience in all sections of the kitchen and ensure company and legal requirements are maintained at all times.
- To be fully aware of the preparation and service of all dishes on the hotel menus.
- To prepare and present dishes on hotel menus according to customer requirements.
- To ensure mise en place is carried out in your allocated area of work to meet forecasted demand.
- To maintain portion control guidelines in order to ensure the profitability of kitchen is maintained.
- To record temperature checks on food and in storage areas as directed to ensure statutory requirements are met and report any variances are rectified immediately.
- To ensure food materials are stored correctly and rotated to meet company and legal requirements.
- To keep food wastage to a minimum.
- To maintain high standards of working practices in terms of personal appearance and safe and hygienic working practices.
- To assist with the training of and supervise other members of the kitchen brigade.
- To assist with quality control and menu planning where appropriate.
- To practice the correct and safe use and care of all items of equipment.
- To report all damage, hazards and wear and tear occurring within your areas of work.
- To ensure all security and control procedures laid down are strictly adhered to.
- To assist with various cleaning duties as required.
- To be aware of product cost and kitchen gross profit targets.
- To assist with the ordering of food materials as required following company procedures.
- To consistently deliver superior customer service through our Customer Service Programme
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Food Safety regulations and requirements.
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Health & Safety and fire procedures.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
- At least a minimum five years working experience in a similar position
- At least Secondary school education and must be able to communicate in English.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Complete command of culinary basics
- Active listening skills: implementing the advice offered
- Time management: fluctuations in activity levels
- Taking the initiative
- Paying attention to detail and quality: respecting the instructions given
- Team spirit
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Resume/CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as email Subject.
Bolton White Hotel,
7 Gwandu Street, Area 11, Garki,
Note: For applicants with experience only.