LEAP Africa, one of Nigeria’s leading non-profit organizations focused on leadership development in Nigeria for youth, entrepreneurs and corporate organizations with training programmes and activities across the region is hiring. Our mission is: To inspire, empower and equip a new cadre of African leaders by providing the skills and tools for personal, organizational and community transformation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below for our MERL Unit (Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Unit):
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
- Must be a Master’s degree holder and be well grounded in social science theories and research.
- 2-4 years of relevant post NYSC experience with significant knowledge of the development sector space.
- A high level of written and verbal communication, including an ability to write in clear and concise language
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data analyses tools
- Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong work ethics, a self-starter, very creative
- Leadership and Management skills, supervisory skills
- Project Management Skills
- Passion for youth development, education, training and Nigeria’s development
- A high level of integrity
- Report and work closely with the Manager- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning in leading the design, development and implementation of MERL functions and to ensure organizational effectiveness for LEAP Africa.
- Supervise and coordinate the implementation of data collection, analysis and evaluation of both programmes and research projects.
- Lead the process of curriculum development, and review as well as supporting mapping of best practices research for the LEAP’s curriculum and pedagogy.
- Support the development of evaluation, impact and research reports and products including policy briefs, info-graphics, articles and Op-eds.
- Contribute to ongoing research, evaluation and learning plans, as well as design and report documentation.
- Work with programmes team and partners in the conceptualization, design and development of impact measurement frameworks, indicators and monitoring plans for projects.
- Design, test and refine data collection and evaluation tools in line with LEAP’s objectives and ensuring quality assurance and control.
- Assist the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager in sourcing for, applying and getting relevant research grants for the organization.
- Carry out critical and complex analyses of data including visualization of project data and dashboard designs to display project impact, and communicate conclusions clearly with actionable recommendations.
- Assist with learning activities, dissemination of lessons learnt, communicate with stakeholders, Stakeholder management, assist in policy development and advocacy activities for the organization, organizing and facilitating of Monitoring and Evaluation learning sessions.
- Carry our writing activities – white papers, concept notes, research writing, evaluation reports, Policy briefs, Info-graphics, peer reviews and articles, editing etc.
- Carry out all other tasks assigned by your supervisor
Deadline: 31st October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online