Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Lead – Economic Growth Job at Ecorys Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (programme), Lead (MEL) – Economic Growth
About the Programme
- DFID’s LINKS – Powering Economic Growth in Northern Nigeria is a successor programme to the Growth and Employment in States (GEMS). LINKS aims to support job creation and income raising for the poor, women and those living with disability, in the three northern Nigerian states of Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa. The initial value of this 7-year contract is up to £67.55 million.
- The Programme will focus on three main pillars: Investment, Innovation and Enabling Business Environment, with Agriculture, Renewable Energy, ICT, Affordable housing and Solid Waste Management as target sectors. The programme is set to begin in late 2018/early 2019.
- At least 5 years’ experience in (a) results and (b) impact measurement for at least 2 different multi-year development projects, including logframes design, tracking and reporting including complex indicators such as jobs, tracking of enquiries and flows.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an M&E team leader position, preferably on economic development projects.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing job and income raising M&E according to recognised global standards / methodologies
- Demonstrated lead role on development impact evaluation studies in the area of economic development
- Demonstrable role in effective knowledge and learning management and dissemination, preferably to the private sector.
- Experience in DFID funded programmes
- Nigeria experience.
- Frequent travel across the key states and intermittent inputs. The level of effort is expected to be high in the first three years. Further information available during interviews and further discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the overall implementation of the MEL component including the development of a programme-wide Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Plan based on Theory of Change, involving designing and setting up of feasible and context-relevant systems and processes across programme interventions.
- Closely coordinate with the programme and Independent Evaluation Teams to ensure that key data requirements are being met, and incorporated within the programme MEL Plan.
- Lead design and implementation of data collection activities such as baseline and endline surveys, to ensure timely data collection and ensuring adherence to quality protocols.
- In close coordination with the Team Leader and team, develop quarterly reports.
- Provide technical input to support design, implementation and monitoring of the key components on investment and innovation
- Ensure activities leverage best practices and deliver Value for Money (VfM) to DFID
- Synthesise information into analytical and information products suitable for dissemination and stakeholder engagement with different audiences as required: private sector, public sector, donors and others.
- Conduct research to cover knowledge gaps. This is likely to include, among other areas, analysis of the case for entering new sectors.
- Respond promptly to audits and enquiries whether originating from DFID’s own
- Supervise and manage the MEL team and ensure that key data is organized and available to report on logframe indicators at a pre-defined frequency.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online