Physics Teacher Job Vacancy at Jesuit Memorial College (JMC)
Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) is Catholic boarding secondary school in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for boys and girls. Open to all, Christians and non-Christians, it is owned and run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It was opened in 2013 in memory of 60 students of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Nigeria who died in Sosoliso plane crash of 10 December 2005. JMC provides a well-rounded education in terms of conscience, competence, commitment and compassion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Physics Teacher
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Status: Full Time
- The Teacher of Physics will plan, prepare and deliver instruction to students in Senior Secondary 1-3 (SS 3) in accordance with the Nigerian National Policy on Education and regulations of Jesuit Memorial College.
- The teacher will cover effectively and efficiently every item in the scheme of work in use in the school while also teaching the students all they need to know in everyday life in relation to Physics.
- Over and above all, every teacher in Jesuit Memorial College is a role model to the students.
- B. Ed (Physics) or its equivalent is required.
- Any higher degree or qualification, especially in the field of Physics, is an advantage.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, good command of English Language, good understanding of adolescent psychology, good interpersonal skills, a team player, ability to work effectively with minimum supervision, proficiency in use of Office Suites like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
- At least 2 years teaching experience in a similar role.
- Any other experience relating to Physics is an advantage.
Deadline: 5th October, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, Curriculum Vitae (in Microsoft Word or PDF formats) and scanned Credentials to the “Human Resource Manager” via: firstname.lastname@example.org and CC the “Principal” via: email@example.com
Hard copies of the above-mentioned documents may be submitted at the school gate:
Jesuit Memorial College,