QuantumX is a solar energy solutions provider with a mission of offering quality installation of solar energy systems, excellent prices, professional design engineering and complete customer orientation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer/HSE (2018 NYSC Batch B Corp Member)
We are looking for a serving batch B Corp member to take responsibilities listed below:
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to management
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Proven experience as safety officer
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- B.Sc/BA in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as subject of mail.
Note: Applicant’s proximity to Yaba would be highly considered
Application Deadline 28th September, 2018.