Recruitment For Provost at Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), September 2018
The Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Kaduna is a tertiary institution with a blend of military and civilian staff and students. The Institute conducts undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Aerospace Engineering and allied disciplines. AFIT is accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), National Universities Commission (NUC), Council for the Regulation of Engineers in Nigeria (COREN) and Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE).
Application are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Provost
- The Provost shall be the head of the Academic Branch of the Institute.
- The applicant should be a renowned Professor in aviation related engineering with proven record of scholarly publications in reputable local and international journals.
- The ideal candidate must have a track record of commendable leadership and administrative prowess in a related tertiary Institution of learning.
- AFIT is a hybrid higher institution established to provide university and polytechnic education.
- This position is equivalent to a Vice Chancellor of any Federal Government University iii Nigeria.
- Membership of relevant and learned professional bodies (foreign and local) such as COREN is also required.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years post Professorship.
- He/she should be prolific and outstanding in publications with practical outlook and evidence of leadership in research work and post graduate supervision.
- The candidate is required to have requisite administrative experience and competencies in effective planning and execution of academic programmes
- He/she should possess outstanding leadership qualities that will inspire and motivate subordinates to achieve institutional goals and mandates.
- He/she should have a proven record of attracting international research and development grants and extra- statutory funds as well as ability to mobilise available resources for rapid development of the Institute.
- Work experience or collaboration with military/civil institutions is an added advantage.
- A Professor in Aeronautical Engineering (preferably with specialization in avionics, airframe systems or propulsion) or in Mechanical Engineering or Metallurgical and Material Engineering or Electrical/Electronics/Communications Engineering.
Salaries and Conditions of Services
- As obtainable in other Federal Universities.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit applications together with 15 copies of their Curriculum Vitae which should contain, among other things, the following:
- Name in full with surname in capital letters.
- Date of Birth.
- Marital Status,
- Current postal address.
- Current e-mail address.
- Institutions attended with dates.
- Professional and academic qualifications with dates.
- List of publications.
- Work experience.
- Present employment.
- Extra-curricular activities.
- Names and addresses of 3 referees, one of whom must be a previous employer. Referees’ letters are to be forwarded to the Registrar’s office using the address stated below.
- Candidates should also enclose their vision for the Institute in not more than 2,000 words.
All applications should be addressed and sent to:
Air Force Institute of Technology,
Application Deadline 22nd October, 2018.