Tax Manager – Bank Job Vacancy at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Manager – Bank
Job ID: 35017
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Banking
- Finance: budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
- Manage the Bank tax compliance and tax risk
- Oversee the tax function in the Bank
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Finance and Accounting
- Post Graduate Diploma in Finance and Accounting
- Finance – International Financial Reporting Standard
- 5-7 Years exoperience in Finance & tax position
- Monthly tax compliance and providing tax support to different business and department in the Bank.
- Prepare monthly WHT, VAT and other tax computation
- Monthly WHT and VAT filing
- Monthly tax GL review
- Respond to tax enquiries from the network within the Bank
- Maintain proper record all of the Bank tax transactions
- Manage the Bank annual corporate tax filing
- Manage the bank deferred tax computation and measurement
- Responsible for the Bank withholding tax management
- File other tax related returns with the relevant tax authority
- Tax clearance certificate for the Bank and Employees across the State
PAYE, WHT, VAT and Corporate Tax audit:
- Keep record of document required for tax audits
- Keep record and response to all tax audit correspondence
- Manage the collation of tax receipts
- Responsible for the transfer pricing compliance and filing for the Bank
- Manager relationship with tax consultants for the Bank
- Ensure all tax receipts are proper kept
- Represent the Bank during audits, reviews and investigation
Tax Risk Management:
- Custodian of the Bank tax strategy, Policies and Governance document
- Identification and evaluation of taxation risks with the Bank
- Implementation of systems and processes to mitigate identified tax risk
- Optimisation of the Bank tax expense, by identifying and implementing tax planning strategies
- Improve tax knowledge within the Bank through communication and tax training
- New product & system review for tax compliance
- Provide tax support to the finance reporting team during tax audit
- Responsible for the tax input in Budget and budgeting process for the Bank
- Responsible for Encompass for Bank and monthly Tax information Pack for the Group
- Manage the Bank compliance with FATCA, AEOI,CRS etc
- Manage the bank tax SOP and attestation to the group
Financial and Accounting Control:
- Ability to design control measures and checks in accounting and financial processing activities to mitigate risks of errors, omissions and fraud.
Preparing Financial Statements:
- The ability to prepare statutory or official financial statements in line with internationally accepted accounting practices and local regulatory requirement
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles, classifying, measuring and recording transactions using the financial systems of the Bank.
- Knowledge and understanding of costing, budgeting and finance concepts and the understanding and application of related processes and procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online