Trailer Driver Job at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited
Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited, a company in haulage industry, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trailer Driver
- Responsible for transporting goods from one place to another using heavy or tractor-trailer trucks. Operates trucks with a capacity of at least 26,001 pounds per gross vehicle weight.
- Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
- Take special precautions while driving.
- Find and keep clients.
- Maintain log of trips.
- Use binders, covers, ropes and blocks to secure cargo before transport begins so you can keep the goods in top-quality condition
- Exchange information with supervisors and other drivers while on the road by using your mobile, and GPS equipment to keep everyone apprised of your status
- Deliver goods while operating trailer truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
- Assist in Loading and offloading cargo’s.
- Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Keep log of all activities.
- Report mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
- Get goods to client on time.
- Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
- Take orders for new deliveries.
- Drive long distances.
- Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
- Report to fleet assistant, any incidents encountered on the road.
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 30th September, 2018