Vacancy for Data Science Lead, East & West Africa At Nielsen
Nielsen Company is a global leader in measurement and information and we believe in providing our clients with a precise understanding of the consumer. We give insights into what consumers buy and watch to a multitude of our clients including Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Google, Diageo, Coca Cola and others.
Data Science Lead, East & West Africa – 26825
Data Science – Nigeria Lagos, Lagos
Job Title: Data Science Lead, East & West Africa (EWA)
Data Science Lead Africa & Middle East (AME) with accountability to the local Market Leads in East & West Africa
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. For more than 90 years Nielsen has provided data and analytics based on scientific rigor and innovation, continually developing new ways to answer the most important questions facing the media, advertising, retail and fast-moving consumer goods industries. An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. Working for Nielsen means you have all the benefits of working for a local company, as well as the opportunities and structure of a global business. Nielsen believes in investing in our products, our people, and the communities in which we live and work for the collective success of all.
The Company is seeking an innovative, experienced and results-oriented Data Science Leader for our business in East and West Africa (EWA). The individual will lead a team of data science professionals to effectively service and support client organizations in various sectors across the EWA region. This is an exciting career opportunity with key responsibility for building strong client relationships; developing a professional team of associates and making a positive impact on client organizations and the Nielsen business.
Principal Duties and responsibilities
· Lead the Data Science teams in East and West Africa through applying statistical expertise to resolve client issues and challenges and providing direction on key priority areas aligned to client needs and expectations.
· Demonstrate a keen understanding of clients’ strategic direction and needs for insights, to support business planning and provide understanding and advice on client challenges and issues.
· Provide statistical practice development advice to deliver integrated market research solutions to clients in order to offer a holistic picture of consumer behaviour and trends.
· Provide statistical inputs for the development of new projects or services including helping design and work on pilot projects and other product and service development initiatives.
- Ensure the implementation of all approved statistical models or systems based on global and regional or sub-regional directions aligned to the company’s operating policies and procedures.
- Drive innovation through creative solutions that result in new ways of providing profitable, value-added products and services to clients.
· Consistently provide the highest quality products and services that meet the needs and requirements of internal and external clients.
· Significantly contribute to clients’ business needs and expectations ensuring a high degree of client satisfaction and strong internal and external business partnerships.
· Educate clients and senior management on statistical capabilities in solving client issues and on statistical issues that cut cross businesses and functions.
- Provide high standards of professionalism within the data science team ensuring delivery of compelling solutions for client requests and issues.
- Mentor, coach and develop strong talent, ensuring high levels of engagement and a professional team environment focused on exceeding internal and external client requirements.
- Create opportunities for cross functional integration and synchronization and promote inter-departmental communication and teamwork.
Knowledge and skills required
· University degree in Statistics, Marketing, Operations Research or a business related field; postgraduate degree or MBA is preferred but not mandatory.
· Minimum of 10 -12 years working experience in Market Research, Data Science or Business Analytics, Marketing or Client Servicing preferably in the FMCG sector but not mandatory.
· Strong business acumen, strategic perspective and good knowledge of market dynamics.
· Expert knowledge of research techniques and methodologies as well as analysis tools.
· Strong analytical and statistical skills with the ability to interpret trends and patterns from sizeable data sets.
· Expertise in understanding and resolving clients issues through statistical analysis of data.
· Excellent client engagement, influencing and presentation skills
· Good organisational skills; strong leadership and people management skills with a demonstrated track record in effectively leading and developing teams.
· Preferably good knowledge and some understanding of Nielsen products and service offerings.
· If you believe this role is in line with your experience, goals and career aspirations please submit your application by Friday 21st September 2018.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Lagos,Lagos
How to Apply