Vacancy for Farm Manager at One Loop Solutions
One Loop Farm is a private organization with interests in agriculture. We are looking for a young, vibrant and diligent farm officer that will oversee the day to day management of our fish farms in the capacity below:
Job Title: Farm Manager
Qualifications and Work Experience
- A relevant degree or HND in any of the following subjects may be useful:
- Fisheries studies/management;
- Marine sciences/oceanography
- A minimum of 3 years practical relevant experience working in a fishery
- In-depth knowledge of fish feed management, water management, farm record keeping.
You will need to have:
- High levels of physical fitness
- People and resource management skills
- Business and social skills to deal with customers regularly (retail and wholesale buyers)
- Numeracy, for calculating feeding regimes and for invoicing purposes.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office Suite of tools especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a licensed driver
The fishery officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Plan breeding programmes and grow schedules to obtain maximum efficiency;
- Adhere to environmental standards;
- Calculate the feeding regime and track fish growth performance.
- Monitor the health of the fish and treat them when appropriate;
- Apply different water management techniques and ensure the water supply is of a sufficient quality for the stock;
- Adapt to new technologies as they develop and learn practical skills;
- pay close attention to detail, to avoid expensive fish losses in what can Be a high-risk industry;
- Possess stock skills such as fish handling, spawning, grading and harvesting;
- Maintain records of stocks;
- Provide fishery consultancy services as required
- Market and sell the fish – although this responsibility depends on the individual farm;
- A strong level of professionalism is essential for this role.
What we offer
- Fixed salary plus other bonus
- 20 days leave
- Transport subsidy
- Plus an assistant
Deadline: 2nd October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org