Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Proposal Development Advisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type of Role: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract (this is an unaccompanied position)
Reports to: Resources Mobilization Manager with a dotted line to the Emergency Response Manager
- In this role as the Proposal Development Advisor you will lead the Proposal Development process for Plan International Nigeria’s humanitarian response.
- You will be required to pull together bid materials (proposals, presentations and concept notes), design and lead on proposal development workshops, to design and validate consortia/bid team inputs, provide high quality proposal review to other proposals and support capacity building and training of programme teams and local partners on proposal development.
- In order to succeed in this role you will need to have demonstrable experience in business development in humanitarian context.
- General knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian Principles and core standards e.g. CPIE Minimum standards, Core Humanitarian Standards, SPHERE and other relevant international standard for humanitarian response.
- Strong writing skills and a well-established record of accomplishment of developing winning funding proposals to donors such as USAID, EC, UKAID, SIDA, GFFO, GIZ, UN Agencies, and so forth.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
- Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
- A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
- As an international child centred community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
- Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
- Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community.