Owens & Xley Consults – Our client, Kids Court School located in Surulere, requires the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- We are looking to hire an Accountant who will be responsible for maintaining the financial and accounting functions of the school.
- S/He will be tasked with preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, preparing the payroll and managing the company’s expenses.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years experience as an Accountant
- Candidate must be proficient in the use of Accounting packages.
Functions of the Role
- Assist with the preparation of the company budget
- Implement financial policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain cash controls
- Manage petty cash
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- Monitor cash reserves and investments
- Advise management regarding new investments
- Reconcile bank statements
- Establish and maintain supplier accounts
- Maintain the purchase order system
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
- Prepare financial statements such as income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Prepare quarterly reports and report on variances
- Assist with the annual audit
- Maintain financial files and records
- Prepare monthly financial reports
- Review financial plan compliance.
Deadline: 25th October, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com