Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners – Our client, a Telecoms Company, is seeking application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: IT Programme Manager
Job Type: Contract
- We require the services of a Programme Manager who will coordinate and supervise resources across multiple projects, managing links between projects simultaneously and overall cost and risks of the programme.
- The ideal candidate must possess a good understanding of the interdependency between technology, operations and business needs.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Develop individual project plans complete with budgetary information and resource needs.
- Communicate project objectives with all team members.
- Responsible for project tracking, monitoring, control and success from sign-off to delivery in the production environment
- Proactively monitor projects’ progress daily and resolve issues that may arise and provide adequate corrective measures.
- Ensuring quality assurance by ensuring infrastructure planning is in line with corporate technical, specialist and legal standards.
- Managing effective allocation of resources and skills within the program’s individual projects.
- Managing the program’s budget by monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the programme progresses.
- Delivering the project in line with the customer’s and Company’s objectives.
- Manage communication to all stakeholders.
- Managing risks to the programmes successful outcome.
- Initiating management interventions whenever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a suitable Post-Graduate PM Qualification in Computer Science/Business Studies with a Formal internationally recognised/certified Project Management qualification.
- At least 5 – 7 years in Program/Delivery management in the Telecom Domain
- A solid project management background with extensive experience with a proven and successful in-depth experience of using standard program/project management methodologies (PMP, Prince2) and software engineering methodologies complying with international quality standards such as ISO or CMM.
- Good track record in delivering high quality projects in time
- Candidate must have experience of handling multi-supplier engagements with strong skills in contract/scope management.
- Candidate must have experience of managing project budgets and accountability for program P&L.
- A record of successful completion of a number of significant projects covering each part of the project life cycle.
- Thorough understanding of the life-cycle of multi-phase, multi-tier, multi-party project plans with mixed discipline project teams comprised of customer personnel, 3rd Party personnel and Company personnel.
- The ability to successfully structure and plan a project to deliver both customer and Company objectives pre-empting possible issue.
- Manage projects, performing tasks in a timely manner, cognisant of project deadlines and customer expectations.
- Build, agree and communicate multi-phase, multi-tier, multi-party project plans with mixed discipline project teams comprised of customer personnel, 3rd Party personnel and Company personnel.
- Maintain Project P&L responsibility, managing, controlling and monitoring project progress against time and budget, timely addressing project slippage and reporting any deviations in excess of tolerance to the customer and Company management.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of banking and business processes, and the ability to understand the business and objectives of the customer.
- Detailed knowledge of banking concepts, basic accounting procedures and banking operations
Skills & Abilities:
- Practitioner in the methods and techniques that have been designated as the current Company standards:
- Project Methodology – as an operational Project Methodology
- PRINCE II/PMBOK or equivalent – as a general Project Management methodology.
- Accomplished in the use of tools that have been designated as the current Company standards:
- Microsoft Project – as a Project Management Planning and Monitoring tool.
- Microsoft Excel- for Financial Reporting, Change Control and Miscellaneous Reporting.
- Microsoft Word – for General Communications and Reporting.
- Microsoft PowerPoint – for internal/external presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the customer organization.
- Self-driven and self-motivated, capable of performing without the need to be managed on a daily basis. Ability to meet deadlines. Achieves and exceeds standard objectives consistently.
- Excellent and mature communications skills – oral and written.
- Excellent standards of report writing.
- Ability to control meetings where opposing views are displayed and to resolve without conflict.
- Ability to mentor Company’s Consultants.
- Presents a professional image of the Company.
- Ability to pro-actively manage expectations, assessing and reacting quickly to customers’ needs and identifying risks early.
- Good inter-personal skills
Job Title: ERP Program Manager and Transformation Leader
Job type: Contract
- The ERP Program Manager and Transformation Leader will provide leadership in support of an enterprise-scale ERP and related core business process initiatives.
- This is a highly dynamic and collaborative role that works closely with all departments and technology teams to consistently provide outstanding service levels, value-driven innovation and compliance-exceeding data security using industry best practices.
- She/he will also be in charge of planning, executing, and monitoring system build project work plans throughout the project life cycle to achieve the goal/project requirements.
- This is a challenging opportunity for an ERP Program Manager to work directly with the business to ensure deliverables that fall within the applicable scope, timeline, quality and budget.
- Our ideal candidate is someone who has successfully managed and led large enterprise cross-functional software and or system implementations in the past, can take initiative and understands the needs of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for creation, execution and monitoring of client and vendors’ plans. The role collaborates with the Portfolio Directors and their Team Leaders, contributing to the development of plans and strategies.
- Develops, plans, and implements the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Determines scope of the projects, sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities and monitors progress for the ERP system.
- Evaluates and recommends changes to current and future ERP system requirements to meet organizational needs while leading the implementation of new organizational processes aligned with ERP configuration.
- Work with IT and Business Executives to develop ERP strategies.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Provides strategic, expert advice and consultation on the design and implementation of effective administrative and business processes, which include process analysis, redesign, re-engineering, and organizational effectiveness.
- Manage large volume of information on reporting units across various source ERP systems.
- Develop a governance structure built for centralized decision making for the projects, as needed, guide the prioritization, facilitate shared data standards and ensure that the client’s community members are engaged in the process.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Analyse and resolve issues that have the potential to jeopardize performance and/or ability to meet agreed upon deliverable.
- Identify and manage project risks/issues to closure and provide proper visibility to senior management.
- Set and continually manage project tracking deliverables with team members and other stakeholders, including consultant resources.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong project management background, proven success in delivering projects on time, on budget and in scope.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Knowledge of broad-based technology in multiple business applications and environments.
- Experience with complex, high-paced system deployments.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Impeccable judgement on prioritization and making connections across an enterprise landscape.
- Reactive to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including middle management, internal customers, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Bachelor’s or higher-level degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or any other related discipline.
- 10 years’ post NYSC progressive IT experience, with at least 5 years managing ERP Implementation Projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
- Experience in Budget Management.
Deadline: 31st October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s in MS Word format and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference email@example.com with the job role as the subject of the email.