Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the VP of Global Operations
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
Experience: Junior- Level
About the Role
- He/She will report directly to the VP of Global Operations, and work collaboratively with the Executive Coordinator to the VP to ensure well-laid out plans are executed effectively.
- The Executive Assistant is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks.
- He/She is able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- The Executive Assistant is a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient.
- The individual has the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
In addition to the areas above, a great candidate for this role:
- Has excellent verbal and superior writing and report presentation skills.
- Has a strong proficiency with Calendars, Document management and Spreadsheets.
- Understands the complexities of working with people in multiple locations.
- Can interpret, explain and apply complex policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Can plan and conduct complex and sensitive administrative and operational duties.
- Can organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
- Has very strong logistical management skills.
- Must be an all around awesome person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela.
- Must have experience working as an Executive Assistant
- Is a polished professional with significant experience (minimum 3 years) supporting a senior executive/senior management
- Has experience at fast-paced organizations.
- Is comfortable with self managing.
- Has a degree from an accredited College or University.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
Typical day-to-day would involve:
- Representing the VP by welcoming visitors/guests, organizing dinners and other corporate functions; coordinating responses to questions and meeting requests directed to the VP.
- Supporting the VP in driving engagement among the Andela employee base through a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Assisting the VP with his private and personal errands, and logistics planning.
- Coordinating with the private staff of the VP to facilitate the effective delivery of their set deliverables.
- Owning and managing administrative tasks for the VP.
- Managing appointments and an extremely busy/active calendar, ensuring that meetings commence and end on time.
- Anticipating the administrative needs of the VP and bringing together appropriate people and resources to support the VP’s agenda.
- Assisting in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites.
- Arranging and managing travel itinerary, agenda and logistics.
- Retiring expenses of the VP to the finance department.
The key attributes for this role are:
- You are able to hit the ground running on assignments and tasks with minimal guidance.
- You are able to think expansively, modify ideas for problem solving, take full ownership of your responsibilities and be willing to go the extra mile to get work done.
Creative Problem Solving:
- You are able to see around corners, proactively anticipate blockers to daily operations and solve for them.
- You understand and prioritise the VP’s concerns/needs, and recognise causes and consequences of actions and events that are not readily apparent.
- You are also able to understand the scope of operation of the VP, as well as develop a range of contacts outside your own team to help get work done.
- You have a strong ability to think strategically and plan for the future.
- You are able to deliver high-impact work within set timelines, while also being careful with all types of resources (e.g. money, time, materials etc).
- You understand the complexities of working with a senior executive, and are able to navigate them seamlessly.
- You have the capacity to multitask across teams to amplify the values of the VP.
- You understand confidentiality, and treat all persons at Andela in a way that encourages mutual respect, equality, diversity and inclusion.
A Deep Commitment to our Mission:
- You demonstrate ability and interest in creating large-scale change and impact.
Benefits & Compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world.
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply