We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced Lawyer
- Advise clients concerning business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
- Present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Prepare and draft legal documents, such as wills, deeds, patent applications, mortgages, leases, and contracts.
- Prepare legal briefs and opinions, and file appeals in state and federal courts of appeal.
- Negotiate settlements of civil disputes.
- Confer with colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas of legal issues to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings.
- Search for and examine public and other legal records to write opinions or establish ownership.
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
- Act as agent, trustee, guardian, or executor for businesses or individuals.
- Probate wills and represent and advise executors and administrators of estates.
- An outstanding academic background and a minimum of an LLB Degree from a highly recognized university.
- Minimum of 4 -5 years post call-to-bar experience in the profession.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
Job Title: Entry-level Lawyer
- Researching and analyzing the law on complex issues and writing briefs for submission to a supervising lawyer in the firm
- Analyzing and summarizing complicated legal documents, including contracts, and suggesting alterations to those documents
- Performing discovery of various electronically stored data and hard copies of information in preparation for litigation
- Performing due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, and mergers and acquisitions
- Active participation in clients’ meetings and recommend ways to deal with client issues
- Prepare for trials, hearings and participate in legal proceedings.
- Study and identify the laws applicable to cases
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of various legal arguments, drafts, and other relevant legal material and reports.
- Carry out all administrative duties which includes maintaining, updating and keeping records of clients’ legal documents.
- A Degree in LLB from a reputable university
- Minimum of 1-2 years post call-to-bar experience.
- Ability to comprehend complex matters and identify the laws that are applicable to them
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Attention to details
- Excellent research skills
- Possess thorough knowledge of the legal procedures and current developments
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suites
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th November, 2018.