Graduate Intern Recruitment at Helen Keller International (HKI) – 4 Slots
Helen Keller International (HKI), established in 1915, works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 22 countries in Africa and Asia as well as in the United States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program /Monitoring and Evaluation Intern
Reports: M&E Officers/NTDs Program Officers
Contract Period: 5 Months up until March 31, 2019
Slot: 4 Openings
- The Program /Monitoring and Evaluation Intern under the supervision of M& E and Program officers will assist them in the day-to-day implementation of all program activities in the areas of intervention on DFID United and TRUST Projects.
- Passion for Social work – a natural motivation to solve problems in society
- Holder of B.Sc degree/HND
- 0-2 years experience in NGO or INGO
- Excellent Knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to communicate in English and Hausa is required.
- Self-Confidence, Persistence and Motivation for Sales
- Openness to Feedback, and development Minded.
- Flexibility: You might have to work long hours, nights or weekends.
- Willingness to work in remote communities supervising Mass Drug Administration MDA, conducting trainings and TT outreach camps.
- Recognize opportunities for learning and take initiative to learn and participate in activities according to the implementation plan.
- Support the program team to conduct training of health workers and volunteers (Community Directed Distributors and TT Case Finders) on DFID/TRUST Project.
- Support the team in implementation of key activities such as; supervision of MDAs, monitoring of TT case finding, TT outreach camp coordination and reporting.
- Assist the team to collect quality program data by providing support to Frontline health workers and CDDs during/ After MDA and TT assistants during outreach camps.
- Participate in digitizing MDA reports and outreach record from different Local Government Areas into reporting template.
- Participate in data quality assessment exercise like spot checks, data validation and supervisor’s coverage surveys.
- Work closely with HKI contracted Independent Monitors and Data entry Clarks for filing/archiving documentation both softcopies and hardcopies.
- Adherence to all HKI policies and procedures as outlined in HKI policies and procedure manuals;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Helen Keller International and to not jeopardize the organization image;
- Other duties that may be assigned.
Deadline: 5pm; 26th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as ONE MS Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the “Position Title” as the subject of the email.
- You will receive an auto response confirming your application.
- There is no relocation allowance available for this position.