Head, Business Development Job in a Power Company, 23rd Oct., 2018
Hamilton LLOYD and Associates – Our client, a Power Company, due to internal expansion, requires the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head – Business Development
- The Head, Business Development will be responsible for the development of the overall market strategy for selling the company’s services in Nigeria.
- He or she will have a history of successfully selling complex products and/or services to large Nigerian industrial customers.
- He or she will be able to recognize the opportunity, develop the appropriate technical and commercial responses, negotiate the terms and conditions and close the sale utilizing all applicable company resources including the local sales and business development representatives.
- The Head of Business Development must create strong and strategic relationships at all levels within the organization to enable him work as part of a team toward delivering on his objectives.
- Overseeing the day to day management of the business development team
- Thinking strategically and identifying new sales opportunities as the market changes.
- Recommending and implementing sales incentives to drive sales performance within the team.
- Acting as a key contact for large customer accounts.
- Forming strategic partnerships with other companies to leverage their existing networks.
- Negotiating sales contracts with customers and legal teams and ensuring contracts are appropriate for company.
- Working with appropriate internal and external resources team to create marketing materials and tools to support business development team
- Preparing and delivering engaging and relevant presentations
- Ensure proper documentation of sales research and detailed reporting on ongoing sales and business development effort.
- Supporting the implementation of the company’s business strategy as set by management to grow the company’s business within its geographical area of operation
- Devising strategies for driving sales growth across the business and communicating such strategies to management
- Analysing existing approaches to the development of business and making changes where appropriate.
- Setting tough but achievable sales targets for the business development managers and executives.
- Working closely with members of the team to generate new business where leadership and support may be required
- Monitoring customer satisfaction with existing clients to ensure service delivery.
- Constantly reviewing and advancing the company’s value proposition as it relates to solving customer bottleneck and process improvement issues.
- Associated duties as required.
- Education: A good bachelor’s degree in any relevant course from a reputable school.
- 10 years of Management experience, with at least 5 years in a senior business development or sales role
- 5 years’ experience in a medium to large industrial/heavy equipment manufacturing or services company
- Track record of success with evidence of progressively increasing responsibility.
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve objectives
- Deep understanding of the Nigerian Power sector
- Strong negotiation skills
- History of strong relationships with commercial customers
- Extremely goal-oriented and passionate about achieving superior results
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Savvy
- Strong analytical ability
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership & influencing Skills
- Will be required to travel a lot.
Deadline: 9th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s to: email@example.com with the title of the role as the subject of the mail.
- The body of the mail should outline: Total years of relevant experience to the role, Location, Age.
- Please read Role necessities very carefully and apply if qualified. Only qualified candidates who follow the above format will be contacted.