Head of Sales and Business Development Vacancy at Sunray Ventures
Sunray Ventures is an African venture builder, addressing Africa’s core opportunities and challenges, by building and growing high-impact companies that are leaders in their respective fields. Sunray Ventures currently works in three different verticals.
We are currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Sales and Business Development
- Daystar Power Group is a pan-African provider of solar power solutions, offering its systems on a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), fixed monthly fee lease or buy-out basis. All our solutions are accompanied by comprehensive maintenance services, to ensure the solutions run 365 days a year. We are currently operational in Ghana and Nigeria.
- We are looking to engage a competitive and experienced sales leader to drive business in Nigeria. The primary goal will be generating sales and leading the sale engineering team. The successful candidate will be able to use solution-selling skills to understand clients’ requirements and then construct a solution to exceed those needs.
- Generate proposals, quotes, and formal RFP responses.
- Analyze regional markets trends and discover new opportunities for growth.
- Suggest innovative sales techniques to increase customer satisfaction.
- Makes product/service recommendations as well as provide technical support.
- Performs all other responsibilities deemed necessary by Senior Management
- Develop sales opportunities from inception to executed contract, including determining interconnection options and site constraints, supporting permit approval processes, identifying and removing impediments to finance, and working as part of an internal engineering, operations, and finance team through late stage development.
- Lead/opportunity generation primarily through independent activities including account profiling, cold calls, business networking and other market penetration strategies.
- Quickly identify key players and potential clients in the Target Market, filter and prioritize “real” opportunities from others.
- Maintain pipeline, reports on activities and goal attainment to plan.
- Analyze impact of changing regulatory environments and adjust strategy as necessary.
- Work with legal and executive teams to negotiate contract terms and close transactions.
- Lead project hand-off to operations team for closed business.
- Represent Daystar Power at marketing events such as trade shows and industry events.
- Tenacious problem solver that can accurately identify, assess, solve, implement, and communicate outcomes of complex challenges.
- Self-motivated, independent professional with excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
- Relevant sales experience including a proven track record of success in sales leadership
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiating skills in a direct or indirect capacity.
- Ability to spend time in-person with customers and travel frequently in assigned territory (50-70% travel).
- Strong work ethic, high energy level and positive attitude
- Understanding of finance / business concepts (NPV, ROI, IRR, etc.).
- Bachelors degree in Engineering,
- Masters degree in Management, MBA or similar.
- Prior experience selling Solar Energy or Diesel Generators a plus
- French language proficiency, a plus
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues;
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development;
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast growing company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online