Young Readers Library – A book club that ignites the reader within your child, builds language, vocabulary, Comprehension among other skills.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Saturday Book Club Intern
Job Type: Part Time
Job Field: Education / Teaching Internships / Volunteering
Purpose of the Role
- To read to children, support them in completing their journals and perform other duties as assigned.
- Plan, organize and implement the Saturday book-clubs at our centres.
- Prepare and organise the set up of any equipment or resources for sessions.
- Assist the children with completing their journals
- Any other associated tasks as required for the role.
Skills & Experience Required / Desired
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally with library staff, other volunteers and members of the public, especially children.
- Previous experience of working with children and participating in children’s activities.
- Reliable, confident and responsible individual, with enthusiasm and effective interpersonal skills.
- The ability to cope with the duties and responsibilities of the post and the associated environment, including an understanding of health & safety.
- Corp members are encouraged to apply
- A one morning induction and introduction to the library and Library Services.
- Shadowing sessions with other library staff to gain confidence and knowledge.
- A minimum of 2 months commitment is required.
- A credible reference will be needed as the role involves interaction with children.
- Must be available Saturdays 10am-4pm
Deadline: 29th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com