Job for Chief Executive Officer – Payment Solutions at KPMG Nigeria
KPMG Nigeria – Our client is a leading system integrator, providing top-notch ICT Infrastructure Solutions to key clients across the banking, telecoms, power, oil & gas sectors in Nigeria and West Africa.
In line with its strategic growth objectives, our client recently established a Payment Solutions business and is desirous of hiring a top-of-the-class individual with proven track record of results-driven leadership and the requisite skills and experience to fill the CEO position for this business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer – Payment Solutions
Ref #: KPMG/CPS 246
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry / Sector: Payment Solutions/Financial Services
Detailed Job Description
- Reporting to the Board, the CEO will provide quality leadership and direction to ensure performance of the business in line with its strategic plans and to ensure it is capable of delivering on its long-term strategic intent and vision.
- Coordinating and managing the agent network for successful implementation and deployment of a world class competitive platform in alignment with business’ strategy.
- Identifying and growing new businesses including Value Added Services through the Agent Network Platform for financial Institutions & other sectors across Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone and any assigned Countries by management.
- Leading and managing the overall Agency Banking and ensuring that the business achieves its set goals.
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree or its equivalent, while a Master’s degree with relevant professional certification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience, with at least five (5) years in a senior management position in a similar or comparable institution
- Experience in payments, financial services/ banking, including agency banking, sales and distribution and/or the telecoms sector is preferable
- Track record of successful management/ administration of regional or national distribution network(s)
- Extensive and working knowledge of retail business and sales channel development.
Skills / Competency Requirements:
- Banking or Payment services experience.
- Key negotiation skills.
- Risk management knowledge
- Corporate governance
- Experience in managing trade outlets.
- Thorough understanding of agency business.
- Sound understanding of the banking industry.
- Information technology savvy.
- Good understanding of online learning platform for product trainings.
- Thorough knowledge of channel development and management
- Working knowledge of banking product management
- Hands-on attitude and self–starting disposition
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results
- Good business and commercial awareness
- Adept Stakeholder management skills (especially with relevant regulators)
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to foster and sustain relationships with stakeholders, peers and executives
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Providing overall supervision for the General Managers.
- Managing performance of the General Managers.
- Developing and implementing the corporate strategy.
- Overseeing the enforcement of all agent management policies and sanctions.
- Managing relationships and compliance issues with regulatory authorities.
- Presenting periodic Agent Network Reports to the Board.
- Rolling out the Shared Agent Banking Platform across the geo-political zones with focus on penetrating the northern region.
- Enhancing the penetration and extension of permitted banking services to the unbanked, under-banked and banked populace in Nigeria; thereby promoting financial inclusion in the wider spectrum in line with the Financial Inclusion Strategy of Nigeria.
- Ensuring that functional objectives are delivered through a highly motivated and engaged team.
- Developing bench strength of future leaders through coaching, mentoring and guidance for the team.
Agent Network Development:
- Establishing appropriate framework to facilitate Agent rollout.
- Evaluating performances of Agent Supervisors and Master Agents across critical parameters – Customer and Agent acquisition; and Agent management.
- Preparing and presenting monthly reports on regional performance to the board on an ongoing basis.
- Ensuring all retail Agents recruited are set up within 48 hours of being engaged.
- Providing field-based market intelligence necessary for forecasting long and short-range market potentials for the Super Agency service.
Sales and Business Process Management:
- Driving the execution of sales strategy to achieve targets set by management.
- Providing a solution-oriented sales approach over the full delivery lifecycle.
- Driving business growth by consistently developing and maintaining a healthy new business pipeline that will meet and aggressively exceed targets.
- Developing and leading initiatives to grow and sustain the business.
- Deï¬�ning and implementing strategies/plans to grow and improve usage of the solution.
- Utilizing market research and effective competitor analysis to develop and implement sales plan/strategies that will give the business an edge.
- Constantly monitoring all indices to ensure performance against set targets while ensuring remedial action for all initiatives.
- Accurately forecasting annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams and set performance goals accordingly.
- Analyzing and presenting revenue opportunities per prospective Financial Service Providers (FSP) within the assigned segments.
- Establishing and managing customer relationships and proactively leveraging them to build loyalty; and cross-sell other products of the business.
- Developing effective strategies to ensure the business’ Agent Network becomes the choicest for Financial Service Providers (FSPs) and the end consumer.
- Generating reports on market/competitor intelligence.
- Developing new prospects and expanding the Agent Network.
Corporate Governance & Risk Management:
- Liaising with relevant regulatory bodies such the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), NIBSS, CIBN etc.
- Facilitating the flow of information to key stakeholders such as the Board members.
- Maintaining and updating the governance framework as required – the framework will consist of fair practices, controls and rules of governance on how the firm relates with its stakeholders.
- Identifying and assessing potential financial risks, reputation risks etc. to the business.
- Putting strategies in place to mitigate risks.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements from relevant agencies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online