Job for Project Manager at Baker Hughes – GE Nigeria
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Ref Id: 1812566
Job Function: Services
Business Segment: Baker Hughes GE Oilfield Services
- Baker Hughes, a GE Company as a new opportunity for Project Manager to join our team to look after projects across Sub Sahara Africa.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 12+ years of work experience (including time working in project environment, with at least 5 years of experience of managing projects).
- The ability to manage complex projects and programs.
- Experience working across multiple product lines.
- Able to travel extensively
- Ability to analyze financial information.
- Certification in project management (e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP); New Product Development Professional (NPDP); Agile Scrum Master) preferred but not required.
- Previous experience working within a Program Management Office preferred.
- Preferred knowledge and experience of the technical area being managed and an awareness of the business issues.
- Global experience in managing projects preferred.
- Individual must have strong interpersonal skills, negotiation skills and organizational skills and the ability to influence others.
- Analyzes requirements with the project sponsor/customer or senior colleagues, designs the implementation proposal, and evaluates the feasibility.
- Responsible for technical and organizational management and financial aspects of the activities.
- Oversees the work of project managers and their project teams.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Primarily focused on new business start-up projects within SSA.
- Project lead single and multiple Product Line start-ups in countries for OFS
- Co-ordinate OFS projects with any BHGE country strategies
- Apply WBS methodologies to define the components of the project scope to be managed.
- Monitor and, where applicable, eliminate scope creep.
- Identify the key project drivers (cost, performance, schedule constraints).
- Candidate should have the capability to effectively plan a project’s schedule.
- Use activity definitions, sequencing, duration estimation and milestones to create a project schedule.
- Control and monitor project schedule.
- Use Cost estimates, probabilistic cost risk assessment, and contingency plans to create a project budget and cash flow estimate.
- Utilize Cost Risk Analysis at appropriate intervals in overall project plan.
- Prepare budget and expenditure reports.
- Use forecasting of cost for time and materials to influence project decision making.
- Develop budgeting, cost monitoring and reporting plans.
- Create risk management plans and perform qualitative risk analysis.
- Maintain the risk register and risk mitigation strategies for all project risks.
- Collaborate with resource managers to acquire resource allocation and staffing requirements for all projects.
- Consistently meet stakeholder expectations.
- Develop a formal communications plan and identify ways communications were successful.
- Use team building activities, general management skills, reward and recognition systems, collocation, and training for the development of project team.
- Liaison with 3rd party vendors and internal service providers.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online