Graceco Limited is a food processing and manufacturing company with specialty in consumer goods and the production of input for bakers and the confectionery industries. Graceco is a leader in confectioneries and bakers’ items. Our success is powered by our world-class team of highly engaged and committed staff.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Truck Driver
Location: Alagbado, Lagos
Status: Full time
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicant must have at least 5 years driving experience
- Applicant must have hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc)
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Applicant should be able to drive 10-15tons 6tyres; 10Tyres truck
- Applicant should be willing to travel 5-7 times in a month
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Valid driver’s license
- Applicant must have minimum of O’Level Certificate
- Applicant must have good knowledge of Nigerian Roads (Eastern Part of Nigeria and Northern Part of Nigeria)
You will need to show:
- Readiness to learn new skills and technology.
- The ability to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels.
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- The confidence to respond positively when under pressure.
- The ability to negotiate with, and persuade others
- The ability to lead and motivate others
- People management skills, high level of initiative and self-management skill.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
Working time is normally between 7:30am-5pm Mondays to Fridays and 8:30am to 3pm on Saturdays.
Deadline: 31st October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the mail should be “Truck Driver”.