Job Vacancies at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, 16th October, 2018
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Administrator
Duration: 12 months renewable
Starting Date: ASAP
- He/she ensures the correct administrative-financial management and the sustainability of both the Area Coordination and the Field offices depending from it, by contributing to the preparation of the coordination and projects’ budget, to the final balances control, and by monitoring the correct predisposition of all financial reports, in compliance with COOPI and the donors’ procedures.
- Planning and coordination budget control: He/she prepares, in collaboration with the Area Coordination, and regularly verifies the budget performance for all costs related to the Area Coordination. He/she monitors the sustainability of the Area Coordination and the field offices under its responsibility, and verifies the correct attribution/distribution of fixed costs to the projects.
- Budget preparation and projects’ economic-financial control: He/she participates to the project budget finalization in conformity with the Country Coordination planning; in collaboration with the Project Managers, the Project Administrators and the Area Coordinator, He/she regularly identifies the economic and financial engagements necessary for carrying out the project activities.
- Financial Management: He/she manages the bank accounts, supervises and controls the bank operation in the area, in collaboration with the Country Coordination: he/she monitors the donors’ funding for the project (anticipations and tranches reception); he/she ensures the correct and regular control of the project’s funds; he/she monitors the bank transfers reception for dispatch to the projects.
- Projects’ economic-financial monitoring: In collaboration with the Project Managers and/or Area Administrators and the Head of Mission/Area Coordinator, he/she regularly verifies the projects’ economic-financial performance: final balance, expenditure excess, expenditure projection, financial forecast for the activities’ carry out.
- Financial reporting and auditing : He/she finalizes and controls all intermediate and final financial reports to be transmitted to the donors, before transmitting them to the central headquarters; He/she ensures the collection, filing and control of all projects’ vouchers; He/she supports the Administrative Coordinator n the preparation and carry out of audits in the area, and transmits all projects’ related documents to the Country Coordination.
- Local staff management and local and expatriate staff administration: He/she manages and supervises the administrative staff at work in the Area Coordination; He/she trains the Field offices/Project Administrators under the responsibility of the Area Coordination and regularly monitors the work (remotely or through on field missions); He/she supervises and controls all contracts, salaries and verifies the respect of COOPI standards.
- Procedures: He/she provides technical support to the Project Managers and to the Project Administrators/Area Administrators for a correct application of COOPI and the donor’s administrative procedures in goods, staff and services purchases.
- Data elaboration and transmission: He/she regularly produces and transmits to the Country Coordination all information and data requested by the Milan’s Headquarters and data related to the final balance, according to the planned schedule.
- Administrative documents filing: He/she ensures the correct filing of the area’s administrative documents (coordination and projects), in compliance with the organization’s procedures.
- Institutional relations: in cooperation with the Area Coordinator and the Administrative Coordinator, he/she manages all relations and related bureaucratic practices, with public administrative agencies in the country (work inspectorate, taxes general Directorate, banks etc.) and with the administrative-financial offices of the donors’ decentralized delegations.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in large organizations.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in a similar role within a international non-governmental organization (NGO), donor or multilateral agency.
- Substantial experience working with International NGO’s, UN agencies and networking and negotiating with authorities.
- Very strong financial analysis skills and an extensive practical experience working with financial tools, highly proficient with excel such as using pivot table, developing macros, etc.
- Ability to motivate and guide staff working in a complex conflict environment, preferably experience from an African context. Previous experience in Nigeria is an advantage.
- An excellent interpersonal skills (Good analytical, negotiation, advocacy and communication skills) and demonstrated ability to establish effective team and external relations.
- Experience with capacity building of national staff.
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing and sometimes insecure environment
- Excellent English language skills both written and spoken are essential.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Duration: 6 months renewable
Starting Date: ASAP
- The Project Manager is responsible for the overall activities’ planning, execution and reporting of Livelihoods projects
- He/she is directly assigned to, and responsible of the supervision of all logistics, HR, financial and overall functioning aspects for his projects.
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Base and in link with the Program Manager, he/she provide overall managerial oversight to livelihood project and support livelihood project implementation team to ensure cross departmental coordination with WFP food security and livelihood component
- Work with donor and program team to maintain and update livelihoods implementation plan,in cooperation and synergy with the project staff, plans and monitors the livelihood activities’ progress, in compliance with the donor regulations with donor’s and COOPI’s procedures, and with the specific Project Structure and Reporting Lines definition, making use of the financial instruments provided by the organization;
- In collaboration with the Administrative and the Logistics team, plans and monitors the expenditures in line with the project’s implementation needs;
- In cooperation with the Program Manager, finalizes the data provided by his/her team, supports the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of the narrative reports expected by the donors and by the partners;
- Coordinates the overall project: supervises the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the staff; monitors the accuracy and efficiency of activities;
- Represents COOPI with the local / State authorities and partners
- In collaboration with the Program Manager and Head of Base, prepares all the formal communication and contract modification requests (ex. budget modification) of the project;
- Liasse with logistics/ procurement team to ensure the goods purchased for the project; for all goods purchased by the project, support updates of the inventory and guarantee the respect of the policies and guidelines, in cooperation with the Logistics Office;
- In collaboration with the Program Manager and in synergy with the specific reporting lines of the projects, promotes and manages relations with the local government institutions, NGOs, and other local partners available in the area;
- Ensure compliance with the fund and timely fulfilment of project’s reporting requirements.
- Executes any other task necessary to good and timely completion of the projects, identified in mutual agreement.
- In coordination with the Administrative team, supports in hiring of new staff directly related to the project and conducts staff appraisals Upholds COOPI’s mission and Charter of Values;
- Put in place and follow in accountability and beneficiaries feedback mechanism
- Follows and enforces all COOPI codes of conduct and policies (globally and in-country);
- Performs any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Support Program Manager to explore livelihood program expansion and fundraising
- Master’s Degree in Humanitarian/Development Studies/Social Sciences or any related field
- At least 3 years of working experience in/with INGO. on Livelihoods/ FSL area. Experience managing enterprise and livelihood development activities as a+
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts
- Expertise in sustainable livelihoods, on-farm and off-farm livelihoods, in particular; data collection, analysis, and report writing including post-distribution monitoring (PDM)
- Excellent in written and spoken English;
- Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and reports effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines team player, effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, able to work in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of working in inter-cultural environment
- Proven commitment to accountability practices;
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, Power point, Emails, Skype, Web researchers);
- Knowledge of and adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct, understands other international development guidelines.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th October, 2018.