Job Vacancies at Printway Limited, 3rd October, 2018
Printway Limited is an indigenous company incorporated in Nigeria on 17th December 2009 under the Company and Allied Matter Decree 1990. Its Parent Company, Kaylon Int’l Limited is an household name in Printing industry with over Six (6) years industry experience. Printway Limited Headquarters is located at Block A3 Suite 12, Commerce Plaza, Area 1 Garki Abuja with an annex at Block B2 Suite 9, Commerce Plaza and a branch office at B66 Murg Shopping Mall, Opposite UTC Area 7, Garki Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Slot: 2 Openings
- We are seeking a new Graphic Artist to join our team. You will be designing a wide variety of things across digital and offline media. To be successful in this position, you’ll be a self-starter, team player, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and show amazing attention to detail.
- Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Works directly with Customers by Illustrating concepts and designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
- Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Prepares layouts, designs, art work and formats for use in publication and /or exhibition design; Layout and scale photos, marking them for proper screen values for print reproduction; Designs, lays out, and produces artwork such as graphs, maps, charts, posters, signs and report covers;
- Communicating with clients about layout and design.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites with software such as photoshop.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.
- Diploma in graphic design or related field with 5 years minimum experience.
- Experience as a graphic designer or in related field.
- Highly creative and Expressionist.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, COREL Draw, InDesign Quark, and Illustrator.
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- Experience with computer-aided design.
- Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willing to learn
- Must be willing to work overtime.
Job Title: Direct Imaging Operator
- Operate high resolution, variable print proprietary imaging equipment.
- Program and prepare jobs for printing.
- Maintain daily print job production logs and daily delivery manifests.
- Setup, program and release jobs from print queue.
- Adjust image position.
- Colour quality and resolution, perforations and folds on paper, etc.
- Monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality.
- Order supplies such as ink, chemical solutions, blankets and rollers, paper, tabs, and other items as needed.
- Maintain inventory levels.
- Operate digital print equipment to optimal production standards.
- Produce digital products to customer specifications and quality standards
- Maintains accurate production records
- Rips digital files for production
- Loads/unloads finished product from machine
- Makes efficient use of inventory on hand
- Loads inks and performs routine maintenance
- Operates finishing equipment, performs table work and packouts as required
- Arrangement for assembling on the machine
- Other duties as requested or required
- Knowledge of graphic design, large format operating and computer to conventional plate operating.
- Maintain press to maximize performance, dumping old files. Troubleshooting and correcting quality issues.
- Performs basic preventive maintenance tasks on equipment and computer system, such as cleaning ink tanks, changing filters and rollers, deleting unreferenced files, etc.
- Works with customer service representatives to ensure product quality. Ensures inventory is full, communicating with purchasing to order supplies when low.
- Use of general computer knowledge along with desktop publishing, impositioning software and RIP softwares.
- Requires advanced knowledge of digital print and/or inkjet imaging equipment set up, adjustment, operating procedures, and a corresponding level of skill to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment.
- Able to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment, and in addition, diagnose, solve, and correct operating problems affecting the quality and timeliness of the service or product or function.
- Requires advanced knowledge of colour theory and ability to make adjustments and colour corrections when operating the equipment to produce the imaging to customer specifications.
- Excellent knowledge of file manipulation and file formats for digital print.
- Excellent knowledge and ability to set up feed rollers, tensioning, timing and in-line finishing per job specifications.
- May instruct junior level operators how to complete the required corrective adjustment.
- Requires basic mathematic skills, basic computer skills.
- Must be an independent worker but able to work closely with Press Operator to achieve good production output.
- At least 3 years’ experience with direct imaging and 1 or more years prior digital printing experience.
- Must be able to work at all required overtime, including possible 12-hour shifts and weekends.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience with sheetfed press or 4-color process operation and performance of preventive maintenance tasks on digital printing presses preferred. Related experience also accepted.
- Understanding of the printing process, including press proof forms and electrostating printing and impositioning preferred.
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic mathematical skills (i.e. fractions, multiplication, division, and use of a ruler)
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged sitting to perform the majority of job functions
- Heavy lifting – up to 25kg
- Repetitive motions
- Normal color vision
- Exposure to various chemicals and solvents
- PPE in the form of close-toed shoes are required when working in the production areas, and gloves when handling hazardous chemicals. Noise exposure when in Web Pressroom and Sheetfed areas with 85+ dBA level. Hearing protection is offered and required.
- Temperature of manufacturing plant can become humid and hot
- Follow general safety guidelines and procedures when working around machinery.
- Exposed to paper dust and ink.
Deadline: 8th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org