The Eye foundation hospital was started in 1993 as a high tech specialist Eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier
Reports To: Banking/Sales Officer, Head of Finance
- The Cashier is responsible for receiving payment by cash, cheque, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits. Issues receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- The cashier also count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Minimum of University Degree preferably in Accounting or Economics.
- Minimum of a year working experience in a similar role is required
- Ability to use an Accounting software preferably Sage or QuickBooks is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Sales skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
Your duties shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor, manager & the Medical Director from time to time.
- Responsible for receiving and confirming bill for patient on the system; if bill amount is correct before collection of payment.
- In case of cash payment, you must ensure that appropriate amount is paid by verifying the cash paid by the patient.
- Balance transactions at the end of the day with Accountant/ Auditor.
- Report sign by both parties on the cash to be lodged.
- Responsible for summarizing corporate bills daily, weekly and monthly.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports
- Posting of journals.
- Preparation and Updating of ledgers.
- Preparation of assigned reports.
- In case of cheque payment, the Consultant in charge of the patient must sign the bill approving the cheque collection.
- In the case of direct lodgment, transfer and POS, transactions must be confirmed approved before proceeding to issuing receipt.
- Receipt(s) will only be issued after payment is made.
- Posting of transaction into the QuickBooks appropriately.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Suitability Statement as a single attachment to email@example.com The subject of the email should be the “Position Title/Location” and the CV/Suitability Statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
Application Deadline 24th October, 2018.
- Kindly state how you heard about the role in the mail.
- Eye Foundation Hospital Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications.