Job Vacancy for Quantity Surveyor (Intern) at Lifepage Group
Lifepage Group is duly registered with Corporate Affairs Commission under the Companies & Allied Matters Act 1990 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Lifepage has been in business for about a decade and has made incremental progress in what we do.
We deal in Real Estate Development and Investments with expanse of land in Lagos, Ogun, Rivers States and Federal Capital Territory FCT, Abuja.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor (Intern)
- Internship position at Lifepage Group offers students or fresh graduates personal real-world insights and exposure to actual working life, foundation to their career choices and the chance to build valuable business networks.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
- Shadowing the lead QS and team members as they perform their duties.
- Review architectural plans and prepare quantity needs
- Estimate quantity and costs of materials
- Prepare contracts and documents
- Set budgets for payments, inventory needs, and materials
- Analyze costs for maintenance and additional building needs
- Track changes in plans or constructions; update budgets
- Negotiate with contractors and subcontractors
- Hire and document contractors and subcontractors
- Act as a liaison between clients and site managers/engineers
- Keep track of construction materials and inventory
- Identify potential financial or construction risks
- Advise clients on improvements, strategies, and/or estimated costs
- Prepare payments for contractors and subcontractors
- Document progress, materials, and reports on project
- Advise on property taxes, regulations, and local laws
- Source maintenance costs and facilities management for clients
- Develop and maintain working relationships with contractors and subcontractors
- Utilize software to calculate, record, and track inventory and estimates
- Analyze completed projects to determine ROI and compare costs
- Total compliance to Health and Safety guidelines and building regulations.
- Reporting / updating superiors on the progress of assignments
- And any other related duties as assigned
Deadline: 31st of October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com Kindly use “QS Intern” as the subject of the mail.