Latest Openings at Action Against Hunger, 17th October, 2018
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Finance Intern
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Starting date: October 2018
Contract duration: 12 months (non-renewable)
Line Manager: Finance Officer
- Ensure quality control of the invoices
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Verification of all incoming invoice ensuring coherence with the accountancy in SAGA.
- Develop reports related to pending invoices based on extracted files received from SAGA accounting software.
- Check the nature of the document and its presentation (photocopy, original, pro forma, translation, date, signature, stamp, terms used, accuracy of calculations, etc.);
- Record in the filing report all errors in the wads (bundles);
- Whenever possible, improve the quality of the presentation of words: translation, date (according to the data base file), addition of a calculation note (ticket), etc.
- Rectification and correction of errors based on information on invoices to increase the quality of invoices;
- Work closely with the finance team following the monthly accounting closure to ensure accounting, project and budget codes are entered correctly.
- Filing and archiving of all finance related documents
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Check that all the invoices are present for each budget line and each contract;
- File the originals according to budget (contract) and budget line;
- Reclassification of invoices according to new budget lines if necessary, particularly when they being used in various operations (redistribution of the initial budget lines);
- Other task as assigned.
- Directly reporting to Finance Officer;
- Capital and Field Finance Team;
- Abuja Logistics and HR team.
- Monthly Finance reports on filing (input/support to Finance Officer in preparation).
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc in Accounting or any related field of study.
- Exceptional organization, time management, and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Excellent computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be a resident of Abuja and within the ages of 20 to 30 years of age;
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Location: Yobe State
Job type: Full Time
Slot: 4 Openings
Starting date: as soon as possible
Direct Line Manager: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Tasks & Responsibilities
Objective 1 – Collect qualitative and quantitative information and program data at LGA level through surveys, assessments, post distribution monitoring, and regular market monitoring under supervision of the M&E Officer and M&E Deputy Program Manager:
- Quantify methods and identify data sources for program performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with respective program component teams (WASH & FSL).
- Assist in conducting project baseline, end line and progress surveys, ensuring appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods, data collection procedures, and data verification through periodic site visits.
- Facilitate training of CVs and partners, and participate in the sensitization of beneficiaries in collaboration with program teams.
Objective 2 – Support in collating and analyzing monitoring data, as well as report on findings from monitoring activities for direct reporting to the M&E DPM and M&E Officer:
- Ensure proper monitoring of implementation of the program, focusing on overall M&E framework of the program at LGA level.
- Present and analyze data based on information needs of project team and partners and support in data base management.
- Complete and submit monthly report.
- Provide support to improve monitoring and reporting mechanism through revised monitoring and reporting framework, through collaboration with the program team at LGA level.
Objective 3 – Work with program teams to ensure that information relating to Action Against Hunger and program activities is shared widely within LGAs and provide for beneficiary feedback in line with relevant guidelines and frameworks:
- Under guidance of M&E Officer work in a close collaboration with the FSL & DPM program team in the LGA (whenever required) for resolving complex programme-related issues and information delivery.
- Collaborate with government partners to ensure the smooth implementation of the program delivery.
- Support the program team in facilitating the process of setting up Complaint Response Mechanism at Ward/ LGA level and handling complaint/ feedback at LGA level.
Objective 4 – Provide support to the programs at LGA level and within the communities specific to the M&E responsibilities outlined by the M&E Officer and M&E Deputy Program Manager:
- Analyze and provide information to M&E Officer regarding general contextual information at the LGA level and explore opportunities in support of partnership building initiatives with LGA level government.
- Assist the FSL & WASH program team in terms of selecting the beneficiaries of NFI & Cash Transfer as per the established procedure.
- Assist the FSL & WASH program team in selecting the Community Volunteers to facilitate the process of beneficiaries’ selection.
- Monitor the progress of disseminating the Action Against Hunger Principles within the beneficiaries’ community by the program team.
Internal & External Relationship
- M&E Officer and Deputy Program Manager: Technical hierarchical relationship- exchange of information, collaboration, coordination
- RRM field team: exchange of information, collaboration and coordination.
- Other partners/stake holders, e.g. LGAs, GoN agencies, donors: exchange of information, M&E reports, collaboration and coordination.
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in Economics, Rural Development, Business, Administration, Statistics, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar position.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing (Mobile Data Collection a strong advantage).
- Commitment to and understanding of Action Against Hunger aims, values and principles.
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships and team spirit, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger.
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th October, 2018.