Comercio Cloud Computing Limited is an indigenous premier cloud company. Our infrastructure is in a Tier III constructed facility certified data centre offering carrier neutral colocation services.
It is the most connected in Africa with all major carriers and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in the country and direct connection to all undersea cables serving the South Atlantic Coast of Africa
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NOC Engineer
- A NOC engineer has several duties to ensure the smooth running of the network. They deal with things such as DDOS Attacks, power outages, network failures, and routing black-holes. There are of course the basic roles, such as remote hands, support, configuration of hardware (such as firewalls and routers, purchased by a client).
- NOC engineers also must ensure the core network is stable. This can be done by configuring hardware in a way that makes the network more secure, but still has optimal performance.
- NOC engineers are also responsible for monitoring activity, such as network usage, temperatures etc. They would also have to install equipment, such as KVMs, rack installation, IP-PDU setup, running cabling.
- Most NOC engineers are also on call and have a 5-6-days rotation, working different shifts.
- First point of contact in problem diagnosis, conducting the appropriate testing routines of scripts, potentially conduct more complex testing to meet specified requirements to bring the wide area network back to a normal state.
- Provides primary, diagnostic incident response, initial level triage of networking issues, dispatch, escalation and coordination of communication to ESnet users and must be able to apply their understanding of network design, familiarity with configuration and installation of various network equipment like routers, switches and firewalls from a variety of vendors like Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel, etc.
- Serve as the centralized monitoring partner and are capable of using Linux systems monitoring tools (i.e. Nagios, Spectrum, Splunk, syslogs) to ensure WAN connectivity.
- Analyzes data network documentation and communicates to management the current operational status of networks.
- Perform routine engineering tasks, such as power cycling remote hosts, updating software, applying security patches and inventory control, etc. within a Linux environment.
- Create various automation tools to improve workflow processes, diagnostic processes, return to service processes using a programming language like Python.
Skills and Requirements
- Data Centre Technicians provide monitoring, problem escalation, job scheduling and tape management services for the various client’s Data Centers.
- The Data Centre Operations team monitors IT applications 24x7x365.
- Rack, cable and inventory network and server equipment.
- Understand, learn and apply diagnostic methods to troubleshoot data center equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair server and network hardware at the physical layer Repair servers (replace hard drives; replace bad sticks of RAM, MoBo’s, etc.).
- Physically assist in moving and racking equipment as directed for special projects.
- Processing RMAs to replace server or racked equipment components.
- Perform equipment installs and moves (servers, network appliances, etc.).
- Maintain asset inventory in an automated computer system.
- Un-rack and decommission equipment as necessary.
- Work with other groups to identify areas to enhance uptime and reduce time to resolve problems.
- Helpdesk ticketing experience.
- Experience meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreement.
- Other tasks as required by management.
- Knowledge of Dell / Huawei Blade servers.
- Knowledge of VMware (vSphere, vBlock, vCloud, vShield Edge, NSX).
- Knowledge of Solarwinds.
- Knowledge of WhatsUp Gold.
- Knowledge of Dell Openmanage
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Information Technology etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask.
- Preferably fresh graduates with post-NYSC certificate.
- Intelligent, highly teachable and a fast learner.
Job Title: VMWare Specialist
- The Delivery Specialist provides operational support and guidance to customers to support the management and use of EMC solutions.
- Responsible for performing a wide variety of daily storage management tasks as well as providing recommendations for effective and efficient storage system use.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides proactive recommendations to the customer for improving their use of DELL / HUAWIE EMC storage solutions to help maximize their satisfaction with DELL EMC. Actively contributes to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of DELL / HUAWIE EMC products.
- Technical knowledge on various DELL / HUAWIE EMC Storage products
- Good understanding on IT Operations, ITIL Processes, Policies, and Compliance with exposure and familiarity on a Shared Services type of operations on both regional and global infrastructure.
- Provides assistance to DELL / HUAWEI EMC technical teams in the development of custom solutions and implementation preparation.
- Responsible for performing daily operational tasks and maintaining availability at the customer site(s). Provisions solutions based on standardized procedures as outlined by DELL / HUAWEI EMC best practice documentation.
- Seeks advice or assistance from management and/or Technical Support as required during difficult customer situations. Works in conjunction with DELL / HUAWIE EMC colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations.
- Represents DELL / HUAWIE EMC in a professional manner to customers, DELL / HUAWIE EMC Partners and other DELL / HUAWEI EMC personnel at all times. May be required to support and train both customers and less experienced co-workers.
- Working on the customer site.
- 3 + years technical consultancy or operations experience with strong VMware experience
- Relevant training or certifications: VMware Certified Professional (VCP) preferred.
- Provide planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading support for vCenter Server and VMware ESXi.
- Plan and configure vSphere networking and storage solutions.
- Defines, monitors, and troubleshoots system performance within the VMware environment (vROPS)
- Knowledge in storage, such as EMC VNX, VMAX, VPLEX – Advantage
- Knowledge in scripting/programming with one or more of Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, Java, etc. – Advantage
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware platforms that include rack mount servers and blades E.g. Cisco UCS, HP, Dell, Huawie
- Ability to administer, maintain, and troubleshoot Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) attached to VMware environments
- Understanding of Virtual Center Operations Manager for proactive assessment of performance and identification of potential resource bottlenecks
- Experience with Microsoft’s Windows Server.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 30th October, 2018.