A Security Services company in Ikeja, Lagos, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Control Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- The credit control Officer is charged with the proper invoicing within standard polices reflective of the customers requirements
- He or she shall work with any and all personnel to assure timely and accurate invoicing and rating occurs.
The successful candidate must:
- Be able to prepare and maintain invoice register on monthly basis
- Follow up on client for any outstanding payment
- Perform daily capturing of invoice
- Liaise with the operation manager in order to get new information in respect new contract
- Ensure that monthly reconciliation is done on Wht and vat deducted at source general ledger account
- Be able to prepare inflow schedule on weekly basis and forward it to Head of Finance
- Capture WHT credit note and vat deducted at source on a monthly basis
- Load client’s invoices on e-procurement software on a monthly basis
- Make sure that invoice is dispatch to respective client based on the company policy and contract agreement.
- Follow up and file acknowledge copy of invoices that are dispatched to client
- Reconcile debtor sub ledger with general ledger on monthly basis
- Prepare a variance report on monthly basis and make recommendation
- Ensure that account statement is sent out to respective client on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly invoice based on contract agreement
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Have good knowledge of Managing Processes, Financial Software, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, etc
- Be able to use generic IT applications
- hold a relevant Business qualification
- Have at least one year experience as a Credit Control Officer or similar role within a multinational organization or small-medium enterprises such as construction/ security/ manufacturing or similar (SMES).
Job Title: Credit Control Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
The successful candidate must:
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures, in order to maintain collection goals and general A/R performance levels.
- Form collection strategies to mitigate customers’ objections to making timely A/R payments.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Manage the process of reviewing and filling out receipts for third party payments, whether by cash, cheque, credit and other forms of payment.
- Preparation of Debtors’ Age Analysis for financial management decision.
- Ensure customers payment are posted and reconciled to general ledger, by ensuring accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues.
- Review all credit balances, refunds and adjustments, and ensure application of adjustments and/or corrections to invoicing records.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities in Debtors accounts
- Continuously manage and support of budget and forecast activities, in order to improve Days of Sales Outstanding (DSO) and Cash flow positions
- Financial audit preparation.
- Work with the account manager to analyze bad debt reserve requirement and recommend monthly accruals/provision.
- Ensure that the company’s standard template regarding invoice sample is in place for every customer.
- Coordinate all credit activities to assist with reducing exposure to bad debt.
- Monitor the accurate reporting of sales values.
- Monitor the adequacy of the company’s sales as captured by Accounts Receivable Officers.
- Supervise the Accounts Receivable Department, as well as train, mentor, develop and assess the employees of this department.
- Proactively assess credit worthiness for new customers.
- Check and approve journal entry into the general ledger.
- Liaise with Operations and Sales in order to obtain information about new and terminated contracts.
- Responsible for process involvement and streamlining of the Accounts Receivables function. Responsible for written procedures as related to the account Receivable functions/processes.
- Audit Accounts Receivable related balance sheet accounts including VAT and WHT on Receivables.
- Ensure timely rendition of statutory payment relating to Accounts Receivables.
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly and year end reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting skills, Attention to detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting research results, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math skills, Debt management.
- Hold an HND or B.Sc Accounting Degree
- ACCA or ICAN certified
- Have at least five years experience as a Credit Control Manager or similar role within a multinational organization or small-medium enterprises such as construction/ security/ manufacturing or similar (SMES)
Deadline: 11th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and a Covering Letter (not more than an A4 page), describing your employment experience with proven abilities for the applied position, to: email@example.com