The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking a suitable and qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below this position is for external and internal applicants and is a local position open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: NFS English Teacher
Department: Foundation Programs
Summary of Position
- Additionally the incumbent will also set targets for his/her pupils and monitor progress towards its achievement within the context of established policies and procedures of the University.
- The English Teacher will be charged with the responsibility of helping students understand English studies aspects of learning as required.
- The duties will range from encouraging a learning experience that provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential and the preparation of course work, planning of classes and the marking of completed work.
- He/She will implement and deliver a balanced and relevant curriculum for the students that will support the overall English studies curriculum of the New Foundation School.
- He/she shall also monitor and support the overall progress and development of the students both as a teacher and a mentor both inside and outside the classroom.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Education and a good first degree in English Language(B.A Ed); or English and Literary Studies(B.A) or any English related from a recognized tertiary institution.; OR any equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience teaching English.
- Participation in student academic, exercise and social activities.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong counseling skills.
- Demonstrate skills in using Microsoft Office Packages.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing circumstances at workplace.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position
- Ability to meet set deadlines.
- Passion for English Studies and teaching.
- Proactivity in the work environment.
- Working efficiently and continuously with a positive attitude.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Flexibility with time as completing certain tasks might involve working overtime.
- Good organizing skills and willingness to learn.
- Good workplace ethics and professionalism.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 31st October, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.