Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye Professorial Chair Job at The Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
The Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below in the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Obafenii Awolowo University:
Job Title: Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye Professorial Chair
Location: Ile-Ife, Osun
- The person appointed shall be expected to teach and supervise existing or newly designed courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in Mathematics and carry out research in any specialized area of Applied Mathematics.
- The successful applicant to this position shall be called, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye Outstanding Professor of Mathematics, in the sense that he/she must have earned it by his/her outstanding accomplishments.
A candidate for the position must have:
- A Ph.D. in Mathematics from a reputable university;
- An impeccable record of teaching and research career as a Professor or Reader in Applied Mathematics: Demonstrable indicators of research achievement include having high quality scientific publications, at least ten (10) of which are in Thomson Reuters impact factor journals; and having a successful track record in PhD supervision;
- A strong proof of Continuing High Quality Research in Mathematics;
- Administrative and academic leadership skills augmented by requisite communication and interpersonal skills with proven integrity;
- Cutting-edge information technology (IT) essentials; and
- Learned society membership in the Mathematical Sciences.
- The Chair has a non-renewable tenure of Two Years.
Condition of Service
- As contained in the Obafemi Awolowo University conditions of Service for Senior Staff.
The package includes the following:
- Transportation (Assigned car and driver);
- Research Allowance;
- Journal Allowance;
- Learned Society Subscription Allowance;
- Local transport and travelling Allowance;
- Books and periodicals;
- Housing; and
- Conference/Lectures Allowance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit three (3) bound copies of publications along with ten (10) copies of detailed Application and Curriculum Vitae. The curriculum vitae should be according to the following format:
- Personal Data:
- Full Name (Surname First)
- Date of Birth
- Contact Details
- State of Origin
- Senatorial District
- Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children and their Ages
- Next of Kin
- Contact Details of Next of Kin
- Date of Assumption of Duty
- Rank/Status on First Appointment
- Present Status
- Date of Last Promotion
- Present Salary, Grade Level and Step
- Date of Confirmation of Appointment
- Educational Background
- Work Experience with Dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Professional Accomplishment
- Conferences, Seminars and Workshop Attended with Dates
- Current Research Activities
- Current Relevant Information
- Contribution to Knowledge
- Signature and Date.
Applications should be forwarded to:
Obafemi Awolowo University,
Ile-Ife – Osun State.