MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Job Type: Permanent
Years of Experience: 6 years
- Oversee the management, coordination, planning, and reporting of all activities associated with project delivery as well as to oversee the execution, testing, commissioning and rectification of defects in the fiber delivery.
Other responsibilities includes:
- Advise the Contractors with the planning for the execution of the project.
- Review and comment on all detail designs from the Contractors.
- Review and comment on the Project Plan prepared by the Contractors.
- Hold weekly site meetings with the Contractors.
- Weekly project update reporting,
- Daily Work SMS submissions,
- Attendance in weekly project meetings,
- Accurate & Timely submission of all reports
- Collaborate with the Contractors for early identification of construction difficulties and proposal of solutions to construction problems. Although the detail designs remain the responsibility of the Contractors, detailed inputs will be provided by an experienced civil engineer to achieve practical and cost effective engineering solutions.
- Advise the Contractors to develop cost effective and innovative solutions to overcome construction challenges.
- Independent 3rd Party inspection and acceptance of work performed by the contractors.
- Create and distribute weekly reports communicating project status, successes, challenges and risks.
- Troubleshoot, Analyze, Identify & Resolve faults that may delay project commissioning.
- Variations to design and scope plans MUST be escalated back to the office and approved before they are implemented on site.
- Distribute notification letters to residents of project location/streets at least a week before project civil works commences.
- Effectively monitor projects to ensure contractor compliance with design scope (approved quantity), program of work (agreed resource/time) and work method (approved quality).
- Prepare a project material list and confirm all required project materials is available in store long before the material is actually needed on site.
- Observe quality of civil and cabling works (hand hole, Trench depth, cabling process, splicing and splice management, special surface excavation and replacement, etc.) and ensure they meet company standards. Stop sub-standard works and escalate back to your Team Lead.
- Review quality of materials supplied to site by contractor (e.g. PVC, HDPE, GI pipes, etc.) and ensure they meet required standards. Reject sub-standard materials and escalate back to your Team Lead.
- To ensure and confirm that the OFC meets the OFC Specifications
- Sign off on milestones to allow invoice processing and payments.
- Construction audits of the quality and adherence to approved Specifications.
- Comment on the appropriateness of the availability of construction resources.
- Proper studies of project award documents (Design Plan, BOM, Splice Plan, Link Budget Calculator, and HLDesc) immediately after you receive project assignment order.
- Facilitate meeting with Estate Manager & Contractor to agree on work method before Estate civil works commences. Also ensure Estate Manager notifies residents about the project before civil works starts.
- Actively participate in the audit exercise of completed projects and ensure project snags are cleared within agreed time frame.
- Provide support to the engineering team where necessary and as defined by the Head of Projects or your Team Lead.
- Ensure project kick off meeting happens no more than 48 hrs after project is assigned to you and that contractor submits program of work immediately after.
- Escalate unavailable materials to your Team Lead for immediate procurement action.
- Accurate & Timely red-line drawing submission.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
Academic and Professional:
- B.Sc or HND in Engineering any other related discipline.
- Over 6 Years of Fiber Deployment Experience, with a minimum of the last 2 years being in Project Management Role. Knowledge of major fibre routes across Nigeria, will be an added advantage.
Competence (Skills, Knowledge, Personal Attributes):
- Certifications in Fiber Optic Cabling,
- Excellent people skills and street smart.
- Neat, articulate and respectful.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Oral).
- Able to work under pressure & meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Open to learning and willingness to share knowledge & experience with team members.
- Able to manage/supervise Fiber civil works, reduce tension on site and motivate laborers and contractor personnel to accomplish assigned project task.
- Certifications in HSE Grade III will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in the use of design software e.g. AutoCAD, Visio etc
- Proficient use of Fiber test tools e.g. OTDR, power meter & Light source, VFL.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point, Projects and email application.
- A goal getter and team player.
Demand on the Job
- Project Delivery & Quality Assurance. Ensure contractor compliance with work scope, work plan and work method.
- Effective problem solving skills needed. Ability to manage and resolve challenges on site e.g. access issue.
- Negotiation skills with construction companies, local communities, ”Area boys”, Regulatory Authorities and other service operators (PHCN, PTOs, Water board, Gas Companies, e.t.c.).
- Timely submission of reports (Daily work SMS, Weekly project updates, Splice-MST sheets, Quality checklist, Red Line Drawings).
- Snags Status Report.
- Accuracy of all reports.
- Accuracy of Red Line Drawings.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online